• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cort set to Leave

Bugger, I guess it was inevitable.

I'm fed up with our former managers pillaging our crown jewels...

I can't see Maher staying now...

I still think we've got enough decent players, plus hopefully some with new additions, to challenge for something next season.

Agreed, Maher is unlikely to stick around if Corty is going to Hull, Maher may well join him there!

As you say we do have quality in the side and the new strker signing will be interesting to see what sort of squad we will have for next season.

It's a shame, as he was SZ player of the year last season.

Alas, this season he hasn't really set the world alight. I think he is replacable.

One of the main concerns at the start of the season was a settled defence. Now's our chance to put that into practise.

(Although a Hunt Warren partnership wouldn't be that effective if you ask me)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 26 2004,12:19)]I think we should get Warren signed up with Leon's contract offer
Should Ron just cross off Leon's name and replace it with Wozza?

Hahahahaha

Yes definatly should offer Warren a better contract, because he is a good player and would partner Edwards well at the back them both being experienced!

According to the mobile network 3 cort will be signing a contract with hull and peter taylor at 3pm this afternoon when they also announce a big name they are going for!!

I suppose we all knew it was coming! Warren satying is a priority now definately!

I definately think Leon is replaceable and will more gutted if Kev Maher follows him up there!

Yep - I agree with Dreams 100%...

Right, time for the Exiles to work out who we're going to sponsor now...

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 26 2004,13:31)]Right, time for the Exiles to work out who we're going to sponsor now...
One of the Bluebells.
wink.gif

Somebody can have fun on the 'meet the sponsors' evening.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ May 26 2004,12:28)]According to the mobile network 3 cort will be signing a contract with hull and peter taylor at 3pm this afternoon when they also announce a big name they are going for!!
shame about cort, always thought he was a decent defender, but as has been said he is replaceable.
That big name Hull are after is apparently Nick Barnby (if u can call him a big name), or so a Hull fan i know has said.

I just hope he does not decide to actually live in Hull what sh*te hole that place is. Best to stay on the borders of Kingston upon Hull, say in East Yorkshire.

interesting...if they're signing people like that why do they want kev maher?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Menacy_Moleman @ May 26 2004,12:40)]interesting...if they're signing people like that why do they want kev maher?
Who gives a toss about why other clubs wanna sign our players,its more important who we are going to replace them with.

I hope this doesn't become another start like last season,with new players having to fit in the team without knowing each others style of play.

I feel a dads army saying " We're doomed,doomed Mr Martin"
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 26 2004,13:45)]Hopefully that's what Kev Maher is thinking...
Yes, he probably is... and to complete his thoughts... "So I think I'll go to Sheffield Wednesday!"

If Maher stays, I will be very shocked.

So cort has decided to follow his m8te out of roots hall. No suprise really,i thought he would stay before Constintine left though.

He should be easy to replace, as he was overated anyway. Good last season but this season he was very disapointing.

Now we just have to hope Maher feels sorry for us and signs!

BRING BK ROGET!

PARTRIDGE f**k nos what you are on about leon is a brilliant cb one of the best at our level and he is leaving to better him self not be a judas at all if he was being a judashe would be doing a rawly signing for a team in the same div after saying he would sign for us!!

Back