• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cort set to Leave

We've still not heard back from Hunt yet. He's very good at CB!
Nor wilson. is he looking for another club too!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ May 26 2004,16:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 26 2004,15:47)]Cort has a heck of alot of potential and in a few years i can see him playing in the premiership.

He mad a below par season but i felt this season might just be his, its a big lose but replaceable.

Hull in my eyes have the best stadium in Division 2, a good manager and a great squad with plenty of ambition. And would be a fool to say no but it doesn't stop us feeling like sh*t.

If we lose Maher make no mistake it will be a MASSIVE blow !
Cort playing in the premiership  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You can't be f**king serious mate surely, he can just about hold his own in division three.
What will he do with the likes of Henry, Shearer and Van Nistelroy skanking him left right and centre.

Get in the real world mate.
Tit Bramble somehow manages it...
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ May 26 2004,16:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 26 2004,15:47)]Cort has a heck of alot of potential and in a few years i can see him playing in the premiership.

He mad a below par season but i felt this season might just be his, its a big lose but replaceable.

Hull in my eyes have the best stadium in Division 2, a good manager and a great squad with plenty of ambition. And would be a fool to say no but it doesn't stop us feeling like sh*t.

If we lose Maher make no mistake it will be a MASSIVE blow !
Cort playing in the premiership  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You can't be f**king serious mate surely, he can just about hold his own in division three.
What will he do with the likes of Henry, Shearer and Van Nistelroy skanking him left right and centre.

Get in the real world mate.
Cort couldn't go into the Prem now he would get eaten alive as you say. But the guy has potential.

Give it 2-3 years, why not ?

Taylor is a good coach and i can see Cort playing in either Div 1 or the Prem in a couple of years.

At the moment his Division 2 standard but his still young.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 26 2004,18:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 26 2004,18:18)]those two will be roasted frequently by several Div 3 strikers
That is a truly horrid thought...

tounge.gif
I'm glad someone picked it up...

biggrin.gif

We could definitely manage without Cort. He's had a poor season really, and if Hunt and Warren sign up then I wouldn't be too bothered if Leon left. However, Maher is the heart of the team. It would be awful if he left, firstly because he's a great captain and it would also mean we'd have no defensive midfielder. Would he get first team footy at Hull? I hope he considers that before grabbing Peter Taylor's cash.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It would be awful if he left, firstly because he's a great captain and it would also mean we'd have no defensive midfielder.

All opinions of course, but no it won't, he most certainly isn't and we could get one.

At least the man has been honest and told the club that he has had a better offer from hull which is more than constantine did! After reading other posts about his replacement, nobody is irreplacable in 3rd div football. in fact 3rd div clubs probably have the biggest choice of players going as no other is willing to take them on or give them a shot at pro foootball. The club are quite well known to take players from reserve teams and turn them into decent players ok were no crewe but have quite a good record of picking half decent players anyone else agree?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 26 2004,22:36)]At least the man has been honest and told the club that he has had a better offer from hull which is more than constantine did! After reading other posts about his replacement, nobody is irreplacable in 3rd div football. in fact 3rd div clubs probably have the biggest choice of players going as no other is willing to take them on or give them a shot at pro foootball. The club are quite well known to take players from reserve teams and turn them into decent players ok were no crewe but have quite a good record of picking half decent players anyone else agree?
rock.gif
Pettefer and Nicolau seem to be good products of the purchase from reserve squad policy.

So far.

Back