• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cost of living increases

10 year fixed!? Who was that with!? Highest I've seen is 7 year. We renewed ours at the back end of last summer with Simon (first4mortgages) who as always is very good and gets it all sorted and onto another 5 year fixed. Payment went up about 18% then but dread to think what it would be now.
Barclays / Woolwich. Initially has a 5 year fix at 3.49% then moved to the 10 year fix at the end of that. Didn't go through a broker. Just stayed with the current lender to make it easier. Might have been able to shave a % or 2 off the interest rate if we did go via a broker but would imagine it would have been the 2 / 5 year fixes

EON Next are offering me a 12 month dual fuel deal with monthly payments of £178. I'm currently on their flexi contract which is costing me £249 a month. EON reckon this will reduce soon as they bring down their prices per unit. So does a 12 month fixed cost deal sound attractive in the current climate? For some reason, as yet not clear to me, I'm not sure whether to go for the new deal.
I've taken the 12 month fixed price option at £178. They are showing my monthly payment will be £183 if I stay on the Flexi deal I'm currently on. Either they are both less than the £249 they have been trousering from me up to this point.

Back