• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cost of living increases

I agree to an extent. It is not 'our foreign policy'. It is the foreign policy of the government of the United Kingdom, yes. If the voting public were fully aware of the true rationale behind such cretinous adventurism as that happening in Ukraine, I'm certain they wouldn't vote for it.
It's actually whatever foreign policy the USA dictates. The UK is just the willing tool.

Saw a Hoyer tanker turn up at Toomeys earlier this morning.
Jet Rochford still at 144.7p for E10
Esso Hockley at 148.9p

petrol aside. the price of gas and electricity is collapsing. there may be some deals soon from energy providers if this keeps up. power prices may fall below the 'cap'

20% Pay rise, they're having a laugh.

They don't get my support at all.

When they were offered 3% by the Gov, I was in full support of them because that was taking the Biscuit, now they're taking the Biscuit.
Quite right , the 20% is ridiculous, totally ridiculous

It should be a LOT more than that!

They have been screwed for years and the public doesn’t give a **** - until they have a loved one in a bad way, and then the public appreciates them for 5 mins

They have been screwed for years and the public doesn’t give a **** - until they have a loved one in a bad way, and then the public appreciates them for 5 mins
NHS could afford that is they sorted themselves out from the top, stopped wasting so much money on everything

NHS could afford that is they sorted themselves out from the top, stopped wasting so much money on everything
Most of the money wasted is by the general public not taking responsibility for their own health care. You would not believe the wastage caused by Joe Public not doing what their doctor tells them to do or applying some basic common sense. If you made a film people would last go and say “ that wouldn’t happen”.

I don’t want to get political as the post will be removed so lots I can’t say butMuch of the “waste” is caused by the government.- whether Tory or labour
Hospitals having to employ full time locums as no one will take the job
Not enough doctors which mean Doctors working on their days off on inflated pay as cover.

Last edited:
petrol aside. the price of gas and electricity is collapsing. there may be some deals soon from energy providers if this keeps up. power prices may fall below the 'cap'
Are these day rates or seasonal? Very little gas is bought on dayrates because of how volatile the price is (a lot of the smaller companies did buy a lot of their gas at the dayrates and subsequently went bust when those rates skyrocketed). Instead most energy companies effectively agree with wholesalers to buy energy for X months at a fixed price (similar to how you might agree to a fixed term mortgage).

Whilst it has gone down a bit in the last month or so the price benchmark for these agreements is still double what it was in January, so don't get too hopeful for prices to come down any time soon.

I remember when the clap for the NHS thing was going on some people were called misery guts for saying that a lot of the people clapping deep down didn't really care about the NHS and were doing it more to feel good about themselves.

I wonder how many people that clapped for the NHS are now getting angry at them for daring to put their foot down after years of underpayment?

I remember when the clap for the NHS thing was going on some people were called misery guts for saying that a lot of the people clapping deep down didn't really care about the NHS and were doing it more to feel good about themselves.

I wonder how many people that clapped for the NHS are now getting angry at them for daring to put their foot down after years of underpayment?

A lot I should imagine if they're not getting treatment and I don't blame them.

yes thats next day rates. gas usually is priced at least three months out but those prices are falling as well. electricity , as it cant be stored is traded much closer to the current (excuse the pun) price,, its all going south.

sorry that should have bene linked to southend kids comment

Back