• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cost of living increases

Yep, sure would, and to think during the problems (scare-mongering) last November the prices at that time were 20p / litre lower than now. Crazy times...

Folks, check your phone/tv/broadband supplier contracts. I have gone back to virgin and got £35 per month reduction.
It took 6 phones calls and about 2 hours!

Your must have been paying a fair whack to begin with. I'd imagine a fair proportion of that is / was tv. My broadband and phone (unlimited calls all day every day) costs £20.99 a month (Fab Fibre with download speeds of around 36Mbps) but I don't have TV costs.

Mind you £35 a month isn't to be sniffed at

General weekly shop. Just notice it’s crazy expensive for a few items. Do it online so I have more time to think about offers etc.

Oh and my mobile bill. Paying 16 a month for 5 gb of data. Day light robbery 😂Will get round to moving to another network or sim only, I want an iPhone as they heat up less than android but my budget is going to be set at 15 quid a month so no chance

Oh and my mobile bill. Paying 16 a month for 5 gb of data. Day light robbery 😂Will get round to moving to another network or sim only, I want an iPhone as they heat up less than android but my budget is going to be set at 15 quid a month so no chance

£6 per month* 4GB sim only, unlimited txts, calls, 5G, EU roaming included with Smarty (uses 3 network) - let me know if you'd like a referral code - think we both get a month free or a tenner credit or something!

*Can get a 10% discount if have more than one person on it with a family plan

Be prepared for another interest rate rise on Thursday - market speculating on a 0.5% increase this time. Likely to be a couple more before year end as well.

£6 per month* 4GB sim only, unlimited txts, calls, 5G, EU roaming included with Smarty (uses 3 network) - let me know if you'd like a referral code - think we both get a month free or a tenner credit or something!

*Can get a 10% discount if have more than one person on it with a family plan
Cheers.
Is that on talkmobile?

My phone atm is vodafone network and model so first need a code or something to ‘unlock’ it for a new network. Will let you know when I do. Phone is a budget smartphone so it’s cack so may end up getting a new phone tbh. Has to be something out there for 15 a month with at least 20 gb.

Cheers.
Is that on talkmobile?

My phone atm is vodafone network and model so first need a code or something to ‘unlock’ it for a new network. Will let you know when I do. Phone is a budget smartphone so it’s cack so may end up getting a new phone tbh. Has to be something out there for 15 a month with at least 20 gb.
What I will be doing for my upgrade is paying finance through Apple themselves, it's 0% interest which is nice, and the I'll be getting a sim only of around about the same GB I get a month now, it worked out to around £10-£15 cheaper a month than my contract now.

Cheers.
Is that on talkmobile?

No the company is called Smarty

Do companies still lock phones to networks? Thought that was banned?

Smarty also do contracts with a phone but I have no idea if they are good value as I've been sim only for a number of years now.

My kids have phones by Honor, used to be Huawei's budget brand - they seem pretty good value android phones.

You can get 30GB a month on Tesco for 15 a month, Vodafone are fleecing you on that contract.

Be prepared for another interest rate rise on Thursday - market speculating on a 0.5% increase this time. Likely to be a couple more before year end as well.
All estimates in the industry are expecting a 0.5% rise on Thursday and ending at around 3.5% by the end of he year. It's currently 1.25%

No the company is called Smarty

Do companies still lock phones to networks? Thought that was banned?

Smarty also do contracts with a phone but I have no idea if they are good value as I've been sim only for a number of years now.

My kids have phones by Honor, used to be Huawei's budget brand - they seem pretty good value android phones.
Yeah I think I need a release code from Vodafone and it may be tricky as the phone is their budget smart phone so will have to see if it even transfers. Thanks for the suggestions. I’m terrible with all this haha.

Yeah I think I need a release code from Vodafone and it may be tricky as the phone is their budget smart phone so will have to see if it even transfers. Thanks for the suggestions. I’m terrible with all this haha.
You will defo need a PAC code if you want to keep your phone number, but that's not the same as the phone being locked to their network

My sim only contract deal with o2 expired 18 months ago. They are quite happily still providing me with a mobile service with all the stuff the contract specified but without the contract! I'm paying £10.09p a month for 1GB of data, 1000 minutes of any time, any network calls, and unlimited texts. The best new o2 sim only deal now available to me is £12 per month. Think I'll stay as I am.

My sim only contract deal with o2 expired 18 months ago. They are quite happily still providing me with a mobile service with all the stuff the contract specified but without the contract! I'm paying £10.09p a month for 1GB of data, 1000 minutes of any time, any network calls, and unlimited texts. The best new o2 sim only deal now available to me is £12 per month. Think I'll stay as I am.
Might be a good deal with o2, but you could probably trim that to a fiver per month with more data and unlimited calls/txts or if you don't actually make many calls/txts go pay as you go and probably pays pennies per month

Back