• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cost of living increases

May well be as its purchased in Dollars. A strong dollar and a weak pound means things we buy which are priced in dollars becoming more expensive. Oil, Gas and quite a lot of our imports are also purchased in dollars.

It doesn't take long for companies to up their prices, but takes them an age if at all to reduce them.
Exactly what I heard in the news, they said it wouldn't take long for petrol prices to increase. Just when we thought things were getting better.

I really feel for those of you with Mortgages given what is happening and rates having to rise.
It is never ending the squeeze on income. The government may have helped with energy costs but whatever, you have been given will be wiped out with the mortgage rises.

Luckily for me I am mortgage free and have been for several years and when I first got a mortgage interest was running at around 15% but we never had the % of household costs like today.

Just got an email from Scottish Power stating ‘your bill is due for payment now’

However, looking at the actual bill it’s not due for payment until 16th October.

I wonder how many people pay ahead of schedule. SP also persisting with requests for me to set up a DD again.

The robbing tw*ts !!

Just got an email from Scottish Power stating ‘your bill is due for payment now’

However, looking at the actual bill it’s not due for payment until 16th October.

I wonder how many people pay ahead of schedule. SP also persisting with requests for me to set up a DD again.

The robbing tw*ts !!

I read today that OFGEM are already criticising energy companies for being bullyish.

I really feel for those of you with Mortgages given what is happening and rates having to rise.
It is never ending the squeeze on income. The government may have helped with energy costs but whatever, you have been given will be wiped out with the mortgage rises.

Luckily for me I am mortgage free and have been for several years and when I first got a mortgage interest was running at around 15% but we never had the % of household costs like today.

Yep, a lot of people are going to be in big trouble

Tesco‘s Arterial at 150.9p. They relaying the surface of the car-park and attending to some drain issues, parking spaces are far fewer than normal.

Banks are intervening to stop Truss' policies from crashing the economy, it seems like the long term effects of this will be even more inflation so I'd budget with the expectation things will be getting worse before they get better.

Banks are intervening to stop Truss' policies from crashing the economy, it seems like the long term effects of this will be even more inflation so I'd budget with the expectation things will be getting worse before they get better.
Should have left it along. Suppose she wanted to ‘make a mark’ as a new leader. Trouble is it’s not going so well
Same here, yes the moretgage rate was 16% or so but the multiplier was a lot lower then (2.5 times salary) so mortgages were, in a way, smaller (if that makes sense).
house prices are eye watering atm. Even in Essex. Yes, much worse in other parts of the south east but it’s a crazy time out there

Should have left it along. Suppose she wanted to ‘make a mark’ as a new leader. Trouble is it’s not going so well

house prices are eye watering atm. Even in Essex. Yes, much worse in other parts of the south east but it’s a crazy time out there

Having a quick nose at the Rental Market, that's fallen flat on it's face, it has sinse Covid, but even worse now. No one is moving it seems.

Back