• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cost of living increases

Don't get me started on cat food. You could use to pick up whiskers for £3 on offer, 3.25/3.50.tops, now you are looking at 4.59 best price and never any deals! One local shop tried charging me 5.99 so laughed and walked out!
Box of 12 Felix £3.75 in Iceland, 10% off for an old git on Tuesday (Me, not the cat).

My car insurance is up for renewal and normally I will call to see if I can get any discount (which I normally do albeit a small one).
I called this morning and really stuck to my guns about what I can and cannot afford and managed to get mine down but just under £140
Just shows what you can do as every £££ helps

Yep, agree, it's well worth the effort. Do similar on the boiler cover and contents and building insurance, will never accept a renewal quote without a haggle or threat of taking my business elsewhere.

My car insurance is up for renewal and normally I will call to see if I can get any discount (which I normally do albeit a small one).
I called this morning and really stuck to my guns about what I can and cannot afford and managed to get mine down but just under £140
Just shows what you can do as every £££ helps
I managed to get mine for £109 on my MX6. That said, I did limit mileage to 4k for the year and its on classic insurance terms

My car(s) insurance is due January so I will be looking about. Who did you get best deals with @Tinks and @kaymac and others.
With Churchill atm.
Ended up through a comparison site with Carole Nash, did a bit of research on them as new to me and all okay, got £108 for my ageing motor. Had Zenith previously, good insurer but had upped their premium 10pct and wouldn‘t budge.

Back