• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How much, on average, per home match

• Up to £10.00

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • £10.01-15.00

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • £15.01-£20.00

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • £20.01-£25.00

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • £25.01-£30.00

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • £30.01-£35.00

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • £35.01-£40.00

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Over £40.00

Votes: 33 33.0%

• Total voters

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
Inspired by another thread, on average, what does it cost you per home game, including travel? (Petrol, parking, bus, train, other)?

Excluding ticket I assume... I'm lucky to live only a 5 minute drive away and I street park, so my travel cost is negligible. And generally it's just me and my 9 year old son, so no boozing for me. I usually only spend c.£5 on food/drink and £3 on a programme.

£12 Chelmsford to Prittlewell return
£8 couple of pre match pints (railway)
£5 Battered sausage chips and a can of drink from the fish house
£25 ticket

£50 a game roughly

£19 for me, but I take the kids etc so the overall cost is much higher.

Other than match ticket dont have any other costs as walking distance.

As above, five minute drive and street parking, negligible costs there. 30 quid for two old gits seats. Coffee and water smuggled into the ground so no expense on food and drink. Cheaper still for CheckaTrade games:thumbsup: about a tenner for both of us.

Got a student season card this year. £240 so about £10 per game.

I drive in from Benfleet so its negligible.

Don't usually buy food , but have the odd pint in the west or a Bovril in deep winter.

£15 is about right for me.

£15ish in petrol, a few quid Rayleigh-Prittlewell by train, or a lot more if I go the whole hog by train.

£20 for a ticket, few quid for odds and sods so it's upwards of £40.

As I live 350 miles away - it is usually quite a lot, but if I compute from when I am in SOS it is something like this:-

Bus free - old mans pass 0
A couple of beers at the spread 8
A beer at the shrimpers 3
Old mans ticket 16
A beer at the spread (waiting for bus) 4

Total £ 31

Cheaper for the Oxford game

£15ish in petrol, a few quid Rayleigh-Prittlewell by train, or a lot more if I go the whole hog by train.

£20 for a ticket, few quid for odds and sods so it's upwards of £40.

You've mastered the 'Cameron' technique ok then MK?

It was a drive from Rochford, now it's a drive from Southend, (near Boots & Laces) to our meeting point, then a walk up Victoria Avenue to RH.

Hardly anything in petrol, programme £3, possible pre-match pub trip (depending on if my work colleague is attending the game or not), all in all, maximum £10.

Ticket £20
Travel from wickford £5 ??
Lunch in the cafe £5
Dont buy food or drink at the ground anymore as its rubbish

£30

1. Petrol cost Gillingham to Southend and return ......... £15 ( often 90 min journey to Roots Hall )
2. Dartford Tunnel both ways ................................... 5 approx
3. If taking family ... food stop.. £20
4. Programme,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 3
5. 1 beer ................. 4
5. Hot Dog WITH ONIONS and cuppa 5
6. FOGEY ticket............................... if just me............ £15 otherwise £50
7. If evening game stop off to get burgered up x1 ........ £ 5 but £20 with family

So roughly if just me during the day av around £50
With family during day around £140

Its always worth it and made better by hearing Gillingham have also lost to relish on journey home ( sorry Rigsby old chap )

See you Saturday, East Stand Row J wearing an I love Rigsby tee shirt !!

In some of the darker times over the years , I think the biggest cost is probably the 2 hours of my life I can never get back !

Ticket £22ish
Fuel Norwich to Southend return....somewhere between £20 and £40 depending on petrol/diesel/driving conditions
Lunchtime Wimpy £10
Pre match cuppa £2

So about £60

It was a drive from Rochford, now it's a drive from Southend, (near Boots & Laces) to our meeting point, then a walk up Victoria Avenue to RH.

Hardly anything in petrol, programme £3, possible pre-match pub trip (depending on if my work colleague is attending the game or not), all in all, maximum £10.

Does that include your ticket cost?

1. Petrol cost Gillingham to Southend and return ......... £15 ( often 90 min journey to Roots Hall )
2. Dartford Tunnel both ways ................................... 5 approx
3. If taking family ... food stop.. £20
4. Programme,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 3
5. 1 beer ................. 4
5. Hot Dog WITH ONIONS and cuppa 5
6. FOGEY ticket............................... if just me............ £15 otherwise £50
7. If evening game stop off to get burgered up x1 ........ £ 5 but £20 with family

So roughly if just me during the day av around £50
With family during day around £140

Its always worth it and made better by hearing Gillingham have also lost to relish on journey home ( sorry Rigsby old chap )

See you Saturday, East Stand Row J wearing an I love Rigsby tee shirt !!

Can you not get a discount for frequent crossing use?

I reckon each game costs me about £35, train from Chelmsford, ticket, programme, and sometimes (but not always) a couple of beers either before or after the game. To be honest, I'm pretty happy to pay this amount for what amounts to a whole afternoons entertainment (well, mostly it's entertaining), plus I guess you get all the news and drama in between times.

Tickets: Family season ticket plus 2 under-8s £436 (£19 per match)
Petrol: Suffolk - Roots Hall = £20
Car Parking - local street parking £0
Food for me and 3 grandkids = £20-40 (Saturdays only; no food for evening matches)

Average probably about £60 per match.

£100-£120 plus beer money. It was a lot easier when the Dublin to Southend Airport route was operational.

Back