• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK Shrimper

Striker
Has anyone used or is a member of the above superstore? As I'm planning a party for my little girl, I'm wondering if I can buy BBQ stuff and salady stuff in bulk?

As the membership is £25 seems a bit pricey to use it once.

You have to have your own business I believe, or be authorised by your company to open an account. I guess this is because it's effectively a Cash & Carry.

Some bargains there though, but if you're expecting make £25 of savings in the first visit, thereby recouping your membership fee (assuming you're eligible), you may struggle.

Not at present, but used to be. They're good at platters of food for entertaining, not sure about the stuff you're talking about, depends on numbers of course.

You'll have no problems getting your BBQ meat in bulk, they do some really good, high quality stuff there mate. Not entirely sure about the salad part though. As OBL said, the platters they do also may come in very handy for you (think these need to be ordered in advance? May want to check), they do loads of things like plates of sarnies, seafood etc etc. You can probably stock up on beer/wine/spirits as well to recoup some of the £25 member cost, the last time I was there I think a case of Jack Daniels worked out at around £16ish a bottle.

If it wasn't so far away we'd probably go there a little more often.

The inlaws go there quite a bit, and they get things like pies (they are from Wigan!) and desserts in bulk, which are always nice (and huge!). Not sure about salads, but Mr Plow is right about the platters and things.

Hit up Iceland, by the time you put VAT on it's barely worth it.

That said though, their bakery is worth the admission fee alone.

I'm a member - only get the chance now and again to go, but meat and fish very good, they do fresh veg as well in bulk for a decent price.

I belong to Costco and i find it extremely good value because my company pay for it for me! :smile: My only issue is that i will go in specifically for one thing and come out with loads of other stuff i didnt intend on buying. The meat and pizza's are really good value and quality. Also good for getting stuff that you have got room to store. As a member you can also bring 2 non members in with you.

I belong to Costco and i find it extremely good value because my company pay for it for me! :smile: My only issue is that i will go in specifically for one thing and come out with loads of other stuff i didnt intend on buying. The meat and pizza's are really good value and quality. Also good for getting stuff that you have got room to store. As a member you can also bring 2 non members in with you.
There you go Paul, arrange a visit with Ldnfatso and you can suss it out for yourself!

Back