• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Alan

Schoolboy
Surely Coughlan can fill in at the back tonight. He has fight and grit just what we need tonight. We know has no pace and his fitness will not be that sharp, but a then either has Barry Corr got pace or experiance at the back ......just a thought!!!

It has surprised me a little at the reluctance to play him throughout this injury saga!!

Maybe tonight is too big a game to throw someone in who hasn't played a competitive match in over a year and a half

Suely could do a job for 60 minutes then take him off, he must be fairly fit even at 39 years old!!!

I think it's a bit of a gamble to give a 39 year-old his first start in however long, in such a huge game. Sturrock would probably prefer to have him alongside him in the dugout. Maybe bring him on near the end if we're defending a lead.

Let's hope that either Phillips or Barker pass their fitness tests... wouldn't be too bad having a back four of clohessy,phillips/barker, prosser and straker!

The fact that Barry Corr got an hour at centre-half on Saturday says as much as anyone needs to know about Coughlan's ability to play at this stage of his career. I suspect he's on the bench in case we need to replace a defender for the last five minutes of a game - not as a genuine option for 60 or 90 minutes.

Not tonight! I wouldn't have minded him in on Saturday as Northampton as they had absolutely no pace at all up front. Orient will be a different story, especially if Lisbie is playing.

Not tonight! I wouldn't have minded him in on Saturday as Northampton as they had absolutely no pace at all up front. Orient will be a different story, especially if Lisbie is playing.

By all accounts Lisbie isn't fit and is around a couple of weeks from a return, although stranger things have happened - may be a smokescreen so that Sturrock is caught unawares tonight.

The fact that Barry Corr got an hour at centre-half on Saturday says as much as anyone needs to know about Coughlan's ability to play at this stage of his career. I suspect he's on the bench in case we need to replace a defender for the last five minutes of a game - not as a genuine option for 60 or 90 minutes.

I wondered on Saturday if he might come on for 20 minutes if Bazza looked dodgy, but in the end BBBC really grew into the role I thought

Back