• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Could JFC play CB.

DTS

The Business
Just an idea. I know JFC has played there at various points in his career. He is big and strong, good in the air and fast, great reading of the game. Sounds potentially like a good centre back to me.

My only worrys are its a bit of a waste of a good skillful player and also he can be a bit clumsy at times.

Last edited:
When he was at Portsmouth, I believe Harry sent him to us to see if he could play in midfield, so I assume he could also play a centre back. It maybe an option, but I'd rather bring in a 'proper' centre back rather than someone that hasn't played there for a while.

When he was at Portsmouth, I believe Harry sent him to us to see if he could play in midfield, so I assume he could also play a centre back. It maybe an option, but I'd rather bring in a 'proper' centre back rather than someone that hasn't played there for a while.

Agreed - However I cant help but think with a good pre-season behind him we could mold him back to centre back.

Agreed - However I cant help but think with a good pre-season behind him we could mold him back to centre back.

I was just about to say the same thing. Whilst we'd all like us to sign a centre-half (or two) having that JFC option is handy. I've not seen him play there but i recall him being referred to as defender/midfielder so with pre season practice and training behind him at least he wouldn't go there with no practice at all.

Yes, like Francis, he could go a job in centre half for the odd game when Barrett or our other centre half is injured/suspended, but I wouldn't like to see him in there all season.

JFC will get a few games behind him next season, even if Granty is prefered to him, Granty loves a booking, as does Macca so he'll have plenty of games.

I was going to start the exact same thread Dave....... was tryingto think of how to make the best of what we already have and it may not be the worst idea in the world. Obviously we would all love this magical 6"5 ball playing CB - but this is an option we could look into - JFC has all the attributes to be a CB.

Anything but Sankofa!!! lol.

Jeff's still not overly tall though, and I thought what we'd agreed we wanted was someone tall and commanding. His heading is also not that fantastic, he takes some stick from the others because of it, which is why that bullet header goal in the last game he got was so good.

Just an idea. I know JFC has played there at various points in his career. He is big and strong, good in the air and fast, great reading of the game. Sounds potentially like a good centre back to me.

My only worrys are its a bit of a waste of a good skillful player and also he can be a bit clumsy at times.

Sorry to shoot you down in flames, but he just can't head the ball well enough for CB!

Probably why Harry wanted to try him in midfield.

Problem Solved.............

If we can get Francis Laurent to play Left Back, we wont need any signings!!

Problem Solved.............

If we can get Francis Laurent to play Left Back, we wont need any signings!!

Nah, this is the season Franny Larry magically transforms into the black Johan Cruyff.

Or knowing our luck, Jordi.

Is that the screeching sound of the barrel being scraped I hear?

J_S x

Back