• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Could Ricky Holmes be coming back to Southend United?

Firstly, I understand what he said. Secondly it's what he said that dismays me. He is still harping on about a player that will not revive this team. His comment, for me, is undermining to whoever chose not to bend over backwards to sign RH just because PB would.

We do not need over the hill players with the pace of a **** sliding slowly down the side of porcelain.
Understand your opinion on Holmes- many wanted him, many didn't. That's fine. But its not PB harping on about anything- CP asked him the question about Holmes. You could accuse CP of harping on about it but then its his job- he's a journalist? And he specifically declined to discuss at all the question of why he ended up at Farnborough (so personally can't understand how that undermines anyone)?

Don't mean to have a pop at you at all just for the one observation- but more generally (i.e. not aimed at you but more generally) it seems there is a desperation to find fault with every single last bit of news or communication. And its getting very tedious. IMHO.

Understand your opinion on Holmes- many wanted him, many didn't. That's fine. But its not PB harping on about anything- CP asked him the question about Holmes. You could accuse CP of harping on about it but then its his job- he's a journalist? And he specifically declined to discuss at all the question of why he ended up at Farnborough (so personally can't understand how that undermines anyone)?

Don't mean to have a pop at you at all just for the one observation- but more generally (i.e. not aimed at you but more generally) it seems there is a desperation to find fault with every single last bit of news or communication. And its getting very tedious. IMHO.
If PB doesn’t want to talk about Holmes he just has to say “no comment” or “he’s a Farnborough player” and leave it at that. It is entirely Brown’s decision to offer the quote that enables Chris Phillips to run the story.

If PB doesn’t want to talk about Holmes he just has to say “no comment” or “he’s a Farnborough player” and leave it at that. It is entirely Brown’s decision to offer the quote that enables Chris Phillips to run the story.
Very true. Nonetheless the very little he did say doesn't IMHO justify yet more complaining. He has a tendency to answer the question (hence a career in politics for him would be impossible). All sense of proportion has long disappeared it seems...

This player didn’t sign at the start of the season so why get him back, it’s clear he doesn’t wanna play for the club, he will only keep our physiotherapist busy, non league is his limit and it isn’t with Southend.

RH DOES want to play for the Club. I’ve covered the whole situation in detail plenty of times.

You say non-league is his limit, may I remind you we are currently non-league.

He was offered a contract. I’ve covered this in details numerous times.

I believe Ron mentioned that it stalled because Holmes wanted another year, which we would do, if he played something like 30 league games and 5 cup games. Holmes wanted another year if he played 30 games in total. I'm not sure why that's a valid reason from Ron, it's unlikely that we will reach the dizzy heights of featuring in 5 cup games this season!

RH DOES want to play for the Club. I’ve covered the whole situation in detail plenty of times.

You say non-league is his limit, may I remind you we are currently non-league.
Exactly as I said his not good enough for us, it’s not worth the gamble for us, another injury prone player trying to get one last contract, he can go to Harlow for £150 a week:Thumbs up:

Exactly as I said his not good enough for us, it’s not worth the gamble for us, another injury prone player trying to get one last contract, he can go to Harlow for £150 a week:Thumbs up:

If he was trying to get one last contract, he would have signed for the EFL club who wanted him, but he turned down to the and sort his future with us out.

As always, I never ask figures, but was told that RH turned down more money from the EFL club than we offered.

If he was trying to get one last contract, he would have signed for the EFL club who wanted him, but he turned down to the and sort his future with us out.

As always, I never ask figures, but was told that RH turned down more money from the EFL club than we offered.
That money he was more than likely offered was all if and buts from a league club, who would offer a crock a good basic wage, not a lot the way things are.

That money he was more than likely offered was all if and buts from a league club, who would offer a crock a good basic wage, not a lot the way things are.

I’m sorry, but RH was offered a one year deal, with an EFL club on a better basic wage than he was both on with us and then offered in the summer.

He turned it down, in the hope of sorting his future out with us, as he wanted to stay with us. He turned down three Clubs in the hope of staying with us (I don’t know how the other two Clubs offers compared to ours).

We know how that all materialised in the end.

Whether RH does return to Roots Hall is something we will have to wait and see, however it’s well known that PB is a huge fan. Potentially, he could provide that creative spark, maybe as a 10. But that’s a debate for another day.

I’m sorry, but RH was offered a one year deal, with an EFL club on a better basic wage than he was both on with us and then offered in the summer.

He turned it down, in the hope of sorting his future out with us, as he wanted to stay with us. He turned down three Clubs in the hope of staying with us (I don’t know how the other two Clubs offers compared to ours).

We know how that all materialised in the end.

Whether RH does return to Roots Hall is something we will have to wait and see, however it’s well known that PB is a huge fan. Potentially, he could provide that creative spark, maybe as a 10. But that’s a debate for another day.
All of that maybe but he is just one of them players that won’t stay fit now, massive gamble and Ron Martin has known that for ages, will he back brown on this transfer ? We shall soon find out eh.

Back