• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Could Southend United be owned by a Supporters Trust ?

Supa Shrimpa

Director⭐
I noticed when Exeter City were on TV in the FA Cup recently, they stated the club was now owned by the supporters trust. As many people are worried about our finances and the lack of detail from RM regarding FF, is that something we could achieve for SUFC ? (or am I just dreaming ?)

With Ron in charge, no chance. He wont let the club go unless he was offered the entire contents of the bank of a small African nation. The only chance we have is if Sheikh Oonvakh turns up.....

Exeter have been owned by their Trust for some time. They're one of four or five clubs now in that position.

Just imagine a world where SUFC is run by OldBlueLady. Just imagine.

Just imagine a world where SUFC is run by OldBlueLady. Just imagine.

We haven't agreed on every subject and i've been critical of the Trust, but from her comments and work she does with the Junior Blues she obviously loves the football club with a passion. That'll do for me ! :thumbsup:

Well, my friends, the answer to that question is a resounding NO !!!

109 views, but only 4 people have a view on the matter. Well, I tried. I tried to gauge opinion to see whether it's a possibility, but it seems nobody actually cares :thumbdown:

One day the club may just disappear overnight, and i'll be sat here saying "I told you so!". I hope i'm wrong, though !

I think i'll just support the lads like everyone else and not worry myself over the bigger picture. It's a shame though, as it's a great football club, steeped in history with a wonderful support base.

Well, my friends, the answer to that question is a resounding NO !!!

109 views, but only 4 people have a view on the matter. Well, I tried. I tried to gauge opinion to see whether it's a possibility, but it seems nobody actually cares :thumbdown:

One day the club may just disappear overnight, and i'll be sat here saying "I told you so!". I hope i'm wrong, though !

I think i'll just support the lads like everyone else and not worry myself over the bigger picture. It's a shame though, as it's a great football club, steeped in history with a wonderful support base.

I think if there were genuine concerns then fans, the Trust, and SUISA, would mobilise quite quickly.

I remember when the club was in that dire position, was it in 2009? When players weren't getting paid and we set up the Save our Southend group on FB. That grew at a monumental rate, we had a lot of press coverage and we did bucket collections and had money sent in via the Trust. I remember playing Gillingham at Roots Hall and even Gillingham supporters openly supporting and donating to the cause, and Kevin Maher coming into the Shrimpers after the match and making his own donation while we were sorting the money.

I think if push came to shove, that something could and would be done, most likely with the Trust as the focal point.

I think if there were genuine concerns then fans, the Trust, and SUISA, would mobilise quite quickly.

I'll give you two out of three there. More likely TZ and SZ.

I remember when the club was in that dire position, was it in 2009? When players weren't getting paid and we set up the Save our Southend group on FB. That grew at a monumental rate, we had a lot of press coverage and we did bucket collections and had money sent in via the Trust. I remember playing Gillingham at Roots Hall and even Gillingham supporters openly supporting and donating to the cause, and Kevin Maher coming into the Shrimpers after the match and making his own donation while we were sorting the money.

I think if push came to shove, that something could and would be done, most likely with the Trust as the focal point.

I'll give you two out of three there. More likely TZ and SZ.

Do I sense beef with The Trust?!

I know a lot of people don't like Ron. So which zoners are against FF. If so is it because you feel we would be lining Ron's pockets or you would prefer to stay at RH.

I remember when the club was in that dire position, was it in 2009? When players weren't getting paid and we set up the Save our Southend group on FB. That grew at a monumental rate, we had a lot of press coverage and we did bucket collections and had money sent in via the Trust.

What happened to the funds from the Save our Southend group ?

I know a lot of people don't like Ron. So which zoners are against FF. If so is it because you feel we would be lining Ron's pockets or you would prefer to stay at RH.

I'm not sure how any supporter can be against FF ? (other than the NIMBY's). The club has been pushed into a corner, whereby it's the only way of survival.

What happened to the funds from the Save our Southend group ?

I take it you haven't seen the Shrimpers Trust yacht mored up in Monaco.

To be fair it's a good question that's been asked a lot and to my mind hasn't had a clear answer.

I take it you haven't seen the Shrimpers Trust yacht mored up in Monaco.

To be fair it's a good question that's been asked a lot and to my mind hasn't had a clear answer.

That sounds familiar ! Don;t tell me they gave it to RM to invest wisely ? (hence the yacht)

Back