• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CHEMICO FC

Manager
Is this the start of something big again 2013/2014.
The teams doing so well this season going from strenth to strenth.
Phill Brown done it once can he do it again.
He could also beat his old team of which he done it with. Hull city next week.:Worthy:

Hard not to get carried away.

4th in the league and 3 points off top as well as in the 4th round of the FA cup against Premiership opposition at home, which sounds like it could be a big crowd.

Must remember that Chesterfield, Fleetwood and Oxford have a game in hand on us and those in the top 3, while Newport have 2. Chesterfield play Rochdale on Tuesday, a draw probably a best result for us.

I reckon the next 3 games could set us up for the rest of the season. Hull at home in front of a big crowd and a good performance could encourage some to see another fixture this season. A win would be brilliant with the extra cash and a possible big tie in the next round.

Daggers away will be tough, played them twice this season and lost twice so we will want to prove a point. They are near the play-offs, but I don't think they will make them by the end of the season. They have also claimed some points off our promotion rivals, so it would be good to collect 3 points where they have failed.

Newport at home is another tricky one. They are 8th and 7 points behind us, but they have 2 games in hand after their game today got postponed. They also beat us 3-1 at their place after what some on here have said was our "worst defensive performance" so it will be another chance to prove a point.

3 good performances and good results with momentum on our side entering February could see us go on a very good run. Our next 6 games see us play Mansfield (17th), Exeter (15th), Hartlepool (16th), York (13th), Northampton (24th) and Wycombe (20th).

Our last 4 games could be very interesting playing Rochdale (2nd), Accrington (18th), Fleetwood (6th) and Burton (3rd) and wouldn't be surprised if that last one was the match that decided who gets 3rd place, with it being a home game too could bring in a decent crowd.

Im trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground.....we just dont lose matches at the moment....we play with poise and purpose. ...coupled with obscene commitment. The blossoming of leonard into a quality cm.....youth team product bentley being linked with bigger clubs etc.....corr cementing his hero status a little more with each game.......brown shoving all that pre judmental rubbish that was posted on here when he took over right up em......ahhhhh sod it, nailed on promotion.

Would always rather have the points in the hand rather than the games! We've been in that position before and squandered games we'd probably have won if we'd have played, lots to feel positive about at the moment.

Hard not to get carried away.

4th in the league and 3 points off top as well as in the 4th round of the FA cup against Premiership opposition at home, which sounds like it could be a big crowd.

Must remember that Chesterfield, Fleetwood and Oxford have a game in hand on us and those in the top 3, while Newport have 2. Chesterfield play Rochdale on Tuesday, a draw probably a best result for us.

I reckon the next 3 games could set us up for the rest of the season. Hull at home in front of a big crowd and a good performance could encourage some to see another fixture this season. A win would be brilliant with the extra cash and a possible big tie in the next round.

Daggers away will be tough, played them twice this season and lost twice so we will want to prove a point. They are near the play-offs, but I don't think they will make them by the end of the season. They have also claimed some points off our promotion rivals, so it would be good to collect 3 points where they have failed.

Newport at home is another tricky one. They are 8th and 7 points behind us, but they have 2 games in hand after their game today got postponed. They also beat us 3-1 at their place after what some on here have said was our "worst defensive performance" so it will be another chance to prove a point.

3 good performances and good results with momentum on our side entering February could see us go on a very good run. Our next 6 games see us play Mansfield (17th), Exeter (15th), Hartlepool (16th), York (13th), Northampton (24th) and Wycombe (20th).

Our last 4 games could be very interesting playing Rochdale (2nd), Accrington (18th), Fleetwood (6th) and Burton (3rd) and wouldn't be surprised if that last one was the match that decided who gets 3rd place, with it being a home game too could bring in a decent crowd.

Daggers away is huge.....must win imo, they will be looking to reign us in as they are close to play offs.

Not a surprise now that our midfield has finally started firing and scoring consistently. There was far too much pressure on our strikers earlier in the season and now the goals are being shared around to the benefit of all players in the team. Sounds like we're playing with confidence and energy and long may it continue.

Not a surprise now that our midfield has finally started firing and scoring consistently. There was far too much pressure on our strikers earlier in the season and now the goals are being shared around to the benefit of all players in the team. Sounds like we're playing with confidence and energy and long may it continue.

Ive not always liked the formation....4 5 1 without the ball 4 3 3 with it. Relies heavily on hurst and straker playing well.....they certainly are at the moment....backed up by a fluid trio of midfielders.

We have scored in every game this season barr 3 games

We scored in every game barr 3 games this season in the league.
Not Bad:hilarious:

But then we go and lose against the bottom team Torquay the other week, that's what annoys me the most!
UTB

True - but always vital how teams respond to such results ! Also that defeat also gave Brown the chance to question the players hunger and desire - that defeat I see as a blessing in disguise !!!

Win or lose next week dosent worry me , just hope the lads put in a decent shift and stay positive for the forthcoming league matches.Hate for them to get soundly defeated and lose confidence in their ability.

We have become lucky and as a famous golfer (Arnold Palmer?) said "The more I practice the luckier I get" is true for us with fitness and planning.
We need to avoid cards and injuries to keep the thin squad enough to see us to automatic place promotion.
The return of HOME form is HUGE.

For the first time inages it is a pleasure to watch the blues. Brown has got them playing with passion and no little skill, leonard has developed into superman. The choice to promote bentley wasI inspired and proves your never too young if your good enough.the teamspirit is a joy to witness and if you could bottle atkinsons energy levels youdmake a fortune.Long may this continue and this isouryear.I

I also think having a smaller squad could be a blessing. Ok, we have to be careful and lucky with injuries and suspensions, but maybe a smaller squad has more togetherness and better team spirit.

Regarding teams having games in hand, id rather have a few more points with more time between games to prepare. Newport could be playing twice a week for a few weeks to catch up.

I am getting carried away, I think we will win the league the only thing that can stop us is injuries to key plyers

I am getting carried away, I think we will win the league the only thing that can stop us is injuries to key plyers

Thinking we will win the league is getting carried away. However we are in very good form and there's only a few points in it so its not out of the question. More importantly we dont have to win it, anywhere in the top 3 will do nicely.

Just need to be consistent.

Back