• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Coulson joins Kings Lynn on a 1 month loan

Seems an odd move really, not sure what he can offer a team in their predicament
Experience and aerial ability. Ideal signing if you’re playing him alongside a couple of young, fast defenders who need help with positioning and outmuscling older, stronger players. Particularly if you’re going to be mainly playing on the break as @Rattus Norvegicus quite rightly notes.

He was a terrible fit for us, not a terrible player. It doesn’t reflect well on our fanbase that he’s got so much stick for being asked to be a square peg in a round hole. Save that for the manager who signed him to pair him with John White!

Experience and aerial ability. Ideal signing if you’re playing him alongside a couple of young, fast defenders who need help with positioning and outmuscling older, stronger players. Particularly if you’re going to be mainly playing on the break as @Rattus Norvegicus quite rightly notes.

He was a terrible fit for us, not a terrible player. It doesn’t reflect well on our fanbase that he’s got so much stick for being asked to be a square peg in a round hole. Save that for the manager who signed him to pair him with John White!
This is spot on

A good move for him,he needs to be playing but it won't be with us! And he frees up wages and I can imagine he is one of the higher earners

It’s only for a month so I assume it’s not to save money (not that loans seem to do that anyway) but to get him fit. Unless KL/Coulson have options to extend the loan ?

I liked him … I’m fact I like white Demi agogo and dunne I think they all seem like proper hard working pros that want to do well and DO wear their hearts on their sleeves … unfortunately we can only field one maybe two at a time of players of that ilk not 6 at a time, I have seen plenty plenty plenty worse than Coulson representing us … ( some fella called Ferguson springs to mind )

I liked him … I’m fact I like white Demi agogo and dunne I think they all seem like proper hard working pros that want to do well and DO wear their hearts on their sleeves … unfortunately we can only field one maybe two at a time of players of that ilk not 6 at a time, I have seen plenty plenty plenty worse than Coulson representing us … ( some fella called Ferguson springs to mind )
That’s very harsh on Ferguson. I don’t think we were set up to best make use of Coulson, who’s slow as **** but solid as a rock with the ability to do what defenders sometimes need to do and just get it out. Good luck to him, he can still be an asset in this league I feel.

There is very little on the Linnetts fanzone about the signing of JC, and nothing of a match report on how he and their other new signings played.
Main thrust, of the very few opinions, seems that Mr Widdrington is not viewed favourably.

Our weakest area is now a CB than can really head a ball. Its not Hobson or Lopata's strongest point.

The Bromley number 6 will be a real set piece threat in our box on Tuesday. As will their long throw from the number 5 Bush.

This could be where Cardwell adds another dimension to our play on the pitch. In his highlight video was a few defensive headers from set pieces. Sounds like we might need that on Tuesday.

This could be where Cardwell adds another dimension to our play on the pitch. In his highlight video was a few defensive headers from set pieces. Sounds like we might need that on Tuesday.

As a number 9 they usually get the job of the near post for corners. Bromley will aim at the far post.

Not just defending, a CB with some threat in the air can win tight games with a few goals.

Back