• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Council grant planning permission for Museum on Seafront

Jam_Man

Life President
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/9824180.Planning_permission_granted_for___40m_museum_in_Southend/

Have nothing against it being built, but does anyone really think a museum is going to be of interest ? I wonder what else will be there that will interest visitors, because if it doesnt serve the people visiting the seafront Im not sure what purpose it has?

With regards to SUFC this building is going to have conference facilities, that will be a direct competitor with Fossetts, but with a far better view.

Thoughts?

There's other places with conference facilities nearer the new stadium so I wouldn't be worried. 15% museum I believe. Car Park, offices and conference facilities for the rest.

Good idea in my mind.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/9824180.Planning_permission_granted_for___40m_museum_in_Southend/

Have nothing against it being built, but does anyone really think a museum is going to be of interest ? I wonder what else will be there that will interest visitors, because if it doesnt serve the people visiting the seafront Im not sure what purpose it has?

With regards to SUFC this building is going to have conference facilities, that will be a direct competitor with Fossetts, but with a far better view.

Thoughts?

A history of Southend maybe? I think it will be of interest to many many people

Weren't those SKIPP people campaigning against this?

For that reason I am glad it is going ahead.

Thoughts?

There are also going to be various conference facilities at the new hotel at the airport I believe.

As long as its done tastefully not like the ****ing eyesore of a uni an as long as the council dont forget it should be a museum not a conference centre just for them. apart from that all for it lol

to be honest I don't give a **** how the rest of Fossets does - that won't benefit the club will it?!

Back