• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Council officers to do part time Police work

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I am not sure what this is all about..either the council are over staffed and can give those the time off to do Police work whilst still being paid, (I always hear they are understaffed and overworked), or perhaps it might be better to spend the money on actually having more Police... :Think:

Or as somebody said on the original post on faceache.

"What about the days off for training to be a “police officer”? What??? Inadequately trained police officers adorning the streets of Essex due to cutting properly trained police officers....give me ****ing strength"

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/16...ouncil-endorsing-employer-supported-policing/

Plastic Policeman, always been around. Purely and simply money saving. Can't fool me.

In my day 'Plastic' was the word often used for part time officers. Not having a pop at the personnel rather the system which puts them there. Pumping much more funds to provide properly trained full time staff is the real answer. Anything else is merely papering over large cracks. You just can't Police on the cheap.

In my day 'Plastic' was the word often used for part time officers. Not having a pop at the personnel rather the system which puts them there. Pumping much more funds to provide properly trained full time staff is the real answer. Anything else is merely papering over large cracks. You just can't Police on the cheap.

Yes you can unless you want your taxes and council tax to rise considerably.

Yes you can unless you want your taxes and council tax to rise considerably.

...Or you tax big corporates correctly...but that’s FAR TO RADICAL.

My council tax used to cover a good police force when it was lower, so what’s changed? Because Police salaries definitely hasn’t skyrocketed?

My council tax used to cover a good police force when it was lower, so what’s changed? Because Police salaries definitely hasn’t skyrocketed?

Mayhap they're ensuring that the council workers' pensions are in good order before anything else ? :Whistling:

Austerity is a choice, don’t let any rich man have you believe otherwise. Therefore, underfunding our police force & emergency services is also a choice.

This is merely opinion not fact.

I should’ve added .FACT. on the end to present it as a fact.

Nah mate, you are right it is only opinion but the rich get richer and then poor get poorer, yet “we” (royal we) accept police being cut down to the bone, increase in violent crime rates and ever decreasing living standards across our town because Asterity. WE ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER ....

Oh well just as well nice Mr Corbyn is coming to everyone’ Rescue soon then isn’t it.

My point on this thread is that there have been “specials” nearly as long as there has been “regulars” - it is NOT an unusual occurrence.

Oh well just as well nice Mr Corbyn is coming to everyone’ Rescue soon then isn’t it.

My point on this thread is that there have been “specials” nearly as long as there has been “regulars” - it is NOT an unusual occurrence.

You can't trust a "Special" Like the old-time copper When you can't find your way home. :Winking:

Back