• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Davros

The Whippet
I've just moved into a new property, and i feel my local governemnt is trying to rip me off with my council tax, therefore i am challenging the appeal.

I know its a long shot, but did anyone move into a two bedroom flat in 1991, and if so, how much did it cost (in the southendish area obviously). Mine is new build, so that would i guess make it a bit more expensive, but a comparison would be nice!

The reason im peeved is that i've just moved from renting a two bed GFF with lounge, kitchen, bathroom, garden and driveway, and that was Band A.

The new place is 2 bedroom, with lounge, kithcen, dining room and bathroom, but no garden, and just a parking space.

Ok so i have one more room (which is hardly huge) but have no garden, yet im now Band C..... i just dont get it! GAARGGHH!!!

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Davros

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ July 03 2006,09:49)]I've just moved into a new property, and i feel my local governemnt is trying to rip me off with my council tax, therefore i am challenging the appeal.

I know its a long shot, but did anyone move into a two bedroom flat in 1991, and if so, how much did it cost (in the southendish area obviously). Mine is new build, so that would i guess make it a bit more expensive, but a comparison would be nice!

The reason im peeved is that i've just moved from renting a two bed GFF with lounge, kitchen, bathroom, garden and driveway, and that was Band A.

The new place is 2 bedroom, with lounge, kithcen, dining room and bathroom, but no garden, and just a parking space.

Ok so i have one more room (which is hardly huge) but have no garden, yet im now Band C..... i just dont get it! GAARGGHH!!!

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Davros
If it helps I sold a two bedroom flat in Burdett Avenue, Westcliff in 1991 for £48500.00, just before the arse came out of the propert market. It was an old property and therefore a conversation from a large house. The rooms were all large aprt from the kitchen, and it also had a garden.

Hope that helps.

MrsB's 2 bed flat cost her about £20k circa 93/94.

I think it's all a bit of a lottery really. We had a near derelict, crappy ramshackle 2 bed flat in Chalkwell that was band C, now got a much larger 3 bed house in Southend that's band B, and incidentally cost more than the flat in the yuppie echelons of chalkwell.
I think our old poll tax was decreed by local residents and was only determined by snob value! (Oh nyo, wi couldn't porsibly leeve in a grade B area, cawld we Tristan?)
tounge.gif

Back