• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Council's "planning permission"

The General

The Mouse (*)
How do i go about writing a complaint!? Basically the road across from me (Ferndown) is set to have a 10am-3pm parking restriction along it, which is going to have a knock-on effect to the local residents. It can sometimes be a pain in the bum to park around here as it is, but "closing down" more parking spaces could be the straw that broke the camel's back! Anyone had any joy or will my one voice not matter one jot?!

Cheers

Kev

Kev, it should have gone out to consultation prior to implementation. Have you not recieved any correspendance to that effect?

Have a chat with your local councillor - best way to get anything done.

Parking restrictions do not require planning permission, so I am not sure it would be the planning department you contact but rather the highways/parking section. I would suggest you speak to your local councillor first - I would be surprised if they had not known about it.

Okay cool cheers. We have had no correspondence at all about it. I'll find out who the local counciller is and go from there!

Kev

Have a chat with your local councillor - best way to get anything done.

Good advice.

Greet him with a masonic handshake and at the end of the conversation discretely slip a fifty into his breast pocket and ask him if 'we understand eachother'.

Okay cool cheers. We have had no correspondence at all about it. I'll find out who the local counciller is and go from there!

Kev

AS you have only just bought the place, were there no enquiries undertaken with the local council about road use and intended changes by your solicitor?

Back