• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

County Championship set for reduction

I'm kind of for it in some ways, but I think they should ensure the matches are played when Test Matches aren't on and encourage England players to play for their county inbetween test matches.

I would also like to see more touring matches for counties, if they are bothered about revenue streams.

Maybe regionalize the County Championship and have a Premier Division and two regional lower divisions feeding into it, maybe with some play-off matches in September.

I'm kind of for it in some ways, but I think they should ensure the matches are played when Test Matches aren't on and encourage England players to play for their county inbetween test matches.

I would also like to see more touring matches for counties, if they are bothered about revenue streams.

Maybe regionalize the County Championship and have a Premier Division and two regional lower divisions feeding into it, maybe with some play-off matches in September.

Yeah, it is a bit mad that successful England players these days will end up playing more Tests matches for their country than first class matches for their county.

One of the problems with looking to do something different with the T20 competition is the county structure. The future surely lies in a competition based in the major cities, but that's not good news for most counties. E.g. there would perhaps be two London teams which would (sort of) represent Middlesex and Surrey, but where would that leave the likes of us and Kent?

Back