• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Couple of interesting posts from the Yeovil forum...

Sherif H

Omar's older brother
Was it just me....
Glover4life Sat 12-Jan-2008 22:32:19
authenticated user: GLOVER4LIFE (id=9071)
[ views 112 ]
[ Message 561097, a follow-up to none ]
[ return to index ]

or was Southend's support today up there with the quietest i've ever heard at a ground of this level.​

I know HP is hardly a couldron of noise at present but at least the away fans can hear us chant?. I heard them sing once or possibly twice and thought our vocal support was fantastic today, and totally 'Out Sung' the home supporters today.​

Well Done Everyone who travelled! [edited by Glover4Life Sat Jan 12 22:33:26 2008]​

Speak to us
HHH [ huish.hugh@ntlworld.com ] Sat 12-Jan-2008 23:08:32
authenticated user: HHH (id=40)
[ views 36 ]
[ Message 561107, a follow-up to 561050 ]
[ return to index ]
Harrold was a total waste of space today. Hopeless - spent 80 minutes doing precisely nothing. An irrelevant sending off - we'd been playing ten men before his early departure.

Nice to see that not all visiting fans are short sighted and biased! :angel:

Last edited:
Did not hear Yeovil apart from when they scored. It's a known fact Roots Hall does not hold sound.

Heard the blue voice a few times. even the east tried to get the were the east, south and west stand song going.

Last edited:
When I saw the thread title " a couple of interesting posts", I thought for a minute you were referring to the ones are strikers can't seem to get a ball between!!!

Couple of murmers from the north stand and given they have the part of the ground with the best accoustics I think it a bit strange they think they made alot of noise cos I never really heard em. Maybe thats the best thing they can say about their day out.

Maybe the crowd at the back of the north stand were having a really interesting chat and we just couldnt hear them....

Don't understand the criticism, I thought the support was fantastic today. First time in ages we've had all our stands joining in at the same time. Only heard them when they scored and when they thought they'd scored.

Ok - birthday celebrations having an effect, sore head and all that! Obviously meant yesterday!

A mate of mine was in the North yesterday as his girlfriend's cousin is a Yeovil fan, or something like that. Anyway we had a beer after the game and he was going on about how loud they were in the North and how quiet Southend were. To be honest I thought Yeovil were just about the quietest set of away fans we've had this season. I guess it goes to show how differently the sound levels are perceived under that low tin roof.

funny thing is the noise level was one of the better from the tbv sections. them saying they only heard them once or twice is bollocks. for the rest of the ground. complete bollocks to be honest with you. south upper apart from centre and east corner were pathetic today. tried my best but was never going to get them singing. they never do. i was sitting in silence for 90 mins. can't wait to move my st next year.

I don't see how you can judge other blocks. I sit in Block J which I thought was pretty loud but when it isn't I can't hear anything from any other block in the South thanks to the way that the stand is constructed and the fact that it doesn't hold any of the sound in.

Back