• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Court Winding Up Petition 28th October 2020

What do the board actually do then ,also who the board members does anyone know

My understanding is that RM keeps them in the dark as much as everyone else. He basically owns the club and what he says goes. As far as them bailing out the club, I can't believe they would give him any more money when they have no idea how and where it will be spent.

I would also guess that they are planning some sort of contingency.

OBL , wash your mouth out with soap and water how can you infer dear Uncle Ron would possibly have told big porkies to all of us

Unc Ron assured us all the debt would be cleared in full by his asset rich Holding Company, the embargo cleared and Lloyds holding our season ticket money resolved

If this didnt happen it would make our Chairman out to be a complete flim flamming con artist, charlatan and Im sure he isnt

Wasn't that back when we would all be watching football in October.

Ive always thought there should be a .5% smaller clubs levy on all transfers from Prem to lower leagues. A bit like stamp duty on house purchases, with the funds distributed solelyto EFL1 and 2 clubs
Imagine what a .5% levy would raise based on just the last transfer window???? then imagine if it was each window???
Additionaly, Id love to see the fines system in the prem updated so that fines for taking your shirt off after scoring go into the same pot as the above levies.
If bale or sterling or Mane scores, de-shirts, and is fined a weeks wages thats nearly a 300K a time top up in the EFL1&2 pot!!!
Then think of how many of those fines happen every week in the prem!!! In no time there would be a preservation pot for clubs in trouble to be given grants and interst free loans etc... and to pay players in pandemic times and pay for testing etc....
Cant it be that simple?!!!!!!!!!!

Ive always thought there should be a .5% smaller clubs levy on all transfers from Prem to lower leagues. A bit like stamp duty on house purchases, with the funds distributed solelyto EFL1 and 2 clubs
Imagine what a .5% levy would raise based on just the last transfer window???? then imagine if it was each window???
Additionaly, Id love to see the fines system in the prem updated so that fines for taking your shirt off after scoring go into the same pot as the above levies.
If bale or sterling or Mane scores, de-shirts, and is fined a weeks wages thats nearly a 300K a time top up in the EFL1&2 pot!!!
Then think of how many of those fines happen every week in the prem!!! In no time there would be a preservation pot for clubs in trouble to be given grants and interst free loans etc... and to pay players in pandemic times and pay for testing etc....

There already is a levy on transfer fees in the PL 4% nett after VAT.

The vast vast bulk of that levy is used to pay ex pros their pensions.

As for fines then clubs in the vast majority of cases ( save where the player is fined wages, and there are very very few of those sort of instances) the clubs themselves aren’t the beneficiary of those fines it’s the players themselves who have a fund which the players themselves decide how those fines ,for such things as being late for training, are used.

As for players being booked and then fined by the FA then it’s the FA who have that money and probably would argue that that revenue is used for both day to day expenses and in turn that helps keep the FA Cup prize fund reasonably healthy

There already is a levy on transfer fees in the PL 4% nett after VAT.

The vast vast bulk of that levy is used to pay ex pros their pensions.

As for fines then clubs in the vast majority of cases ( save where the player is fined wages, and there are very very few of those sort of instances) the clubs themselves aren’t the beneficiary of those fines it’s the players themselves who have a fund which the players themselves decide how those fines ,for such things as being late for training, are used.

As for players being booked and then fined by the FA then it’s the FA who have that money and probably would argue that that revenue is used for both day to day expenses and in turn that helps keep the FA Cup prize fund reasonably healthy
Thats informative...thank you. I didnt know the stats n facts. Good to hear as well bearing in mind Pros have access to pensions at 35 I think and therefore a huge amount is needed to fund so many years of living costs. Not many League 1 and 2 players have adequate pensions from the game if theyve been jurneymen in those leagues. But, you get my drift? Theres so much money in the prem and in prem players pockets that I feel something could be done to divert a miniscule amounts into a preservation pot. I feel agents could play a much bigger part in this and it would perhaps make them a more favourable pill to swallow in the fans and clubs eyes.

I agree but the Championship clubs would not be happy, they would want a slice and they wouldn't want money going to clubs below them as they don't want them taking their place...

Have you not noticed those old fashioned turnstiles in the bar turned into tables...must be worth £40 each!!!

Who the tax man? after selling assets etc they still get all their money before anyone else gets a % of each £

Depends what assets Southend United have. If they don't own RH or the training ground. They wont own any fixtures or fittings......I dare say the big lads fork is hired from Martin Dawn gardening services

on this occasion, nothing to do with that, he advised they had the money to pay it, not they will have the money by the time this comes around

Did he have the money, or a business plan? All shall be revealed later this week.

What really annoys me with this constant none payment of TAX (every year), us supporters pay our tax through our earnings which goes towards our hospitals, elderly, homeless eg, ie people who need a helping hand when they hit hard times, which could happen to anyone of us in our life. What the club keep doing just isn't right.

If this was an individual who kept doing this, they'd be serving time at Her Majesty's pleasure.

What really annoys me with this constant none payment of TAX (every year), us supporters pay our tax through our earnings which goes towards our hospitals, elderly, homeless eg, ie people who need a helping hand when they hit hard times, which could happen to anyone of us in our life. What the club keep doing just isn't right.

If this was an individual who kept doing this, they'd be serving time at Her Majesty's pleasure.

Not if it was the owner of Amazon. You will find the biggest avoiders of tax normally end up with a knighthood.

Ron has always paid his SUFC tax bill from the previous 22 years. As others have said its in the fans interest, to pay players and staff before the tax man.

Back