• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

james cov

Afternoon all,

Yesterday was one of the few games i have missed this season but i did listen to it on the radio. Got to congratulate you on a fantastic victory yesterday, from our side it was unexpected to get beat so emphaticly. We were missing Murphy,Armstrong and Fleck 3 of the first names on the teamsheet but it's no excuse! having seen the extended highlights we had our own chances but you took yours very well indeed. We have fell way off the pace the last few weeks but i'd like to know how you thought Coventry played as i didn't make the game yesterday? again congrats and good luck for the rest of the season!

Afternoon all,

Yesterday was one of the few games i have missed this season but i did listen to it on the radio. Got to congratulate you on a fantastic victory yesterday, from our side it was unexpected to get beat so emphaticly. We were missing Murphy,Armstrong and Fleck 3 of the first names on the teamsheet but it's no excuse! having seen the extended highlights we had our own chances but you took yours very well indeed. We have fell way off the pace the last few weeks but i'd like to know how you thought Coventry played as i didn't make the game yesterday? again congrats and good luck for the rest of the season!

Hi. Coventry played O.K. but caught us on a day when we were at our best. You didn't have anyone to unlock our strong back line, so resorted to long range shots that were mostly awful. Your goalie looked a bag of nerves when the ball was passed back to him and got in a big panic a few times. This seemed to unsettle your defenders as well. Even when down to ten men, our players just upped the work rate even more, so it made no difference.

Thought Coventry were a decent footballing side which made the game enjoyable to watch if you were neutral, of course, the fact the majority weren't made for a great battle! O'Brien could have had a couple as seen on the highlights, you definitely missed Murphy and Armstrong but I believe we were set up for them anyway.

Joe Cole is, sadly, a shadow of what he once was, all the play went through him and unfortunately our midfield had the measure of him.

I am confused as to why you have played the same GK against us twice this season who, on both occasions, has looked distinctly dodgy. Is he really the best you have on offer?

Him apart, I am sure you'll do ok this year, you've spent some money on some quality players. They just came up a team who looked purposeful from the off and with some real class in Hendrie and Barnett.

Your supporters and players must have been delighted to see the Guard of Honour yesterday was a team in a ringer for a Coventry home kit!!! Honestly, wtf was that all about?! Commercial should check on the kits before accepting teams for certain games!

Afternoon all,

hi james cov, welcome, on the way to the game ,after recent results , I would have taken a point all day long , but as others have said , you caught us at our best, and solid in defence, can't comment on the missing players , but expected more from Cole and hunt , one player , ( can't say who on you side, but midfielder with a beard, ) played well and passed it around, tried hard, but nobody else seemed to be on his level... Good luck to you as well... Hope you take points off Colchester !!!!!

FWIW I thought your GK looked like an accident waiting to happen from the first poor kick out he took; he stayed on his line, was quiet, flapped at balls and was slow to react - should have got a red card too!
Ricketts is as poor defending as he was at the Ricoh - but he does seem to be better going forward.
Your midfield largely bottled it and ducked tackles until Deegan (rightly) got sent off.
Joe Cole had great ball control but looked slow and was very poor with dead balls.
Hunt (yours) worked and worked but with little support & Fortune looked less than average/poor.
I am sure the 3 missing players will be back and were sorely missed yesterday but you needed a better GK and CB IMO.

hi james cov, welcome, on the way to the game ,after recent results , I would have taken a point all day long , but as others have said , you caught us at our best, and solid in defence, can't comment on the missing players , but expected more from Cole and hunt , one player , ( can't say who on you side, but midfielder with a beard, ) played well and passed it around, tried hard, but nobody else seemed to be on his level... Good luck to you as well... Hope you take points off Colchester !!!!!

That was O'Brien. Whinged an awful lot!

Played nice tidy and easy on the eye football but did nothing with the ball.

The work rate of our boys was top draw yesterday and we have made some positive signings.

If we can maintain that level of performance and add maybe one or two more then I think we have every chance of a top 6 finish.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

I was impressed by Coventry in the 1st half but I thought they faded quite badly in the 2nd half. Joe Cole seemed to be struggling to get his breath back at the end of the 1st half.

I think if we had tried to play you at your own passing game we would have come unstuck. I felt we played a distinctly lower-league game of give them no space, tackle quickly and don't allow them to have time to think and it paid off.

City did all the fancy stuff but we countered them and the main difference was that we took our goal chances and Coventry didn't. Fortune missed a header from a couple of yards in front of the goal when it looked easier to score and Bentley made a couple of good saves.

Is your number 10 a lady-boy ?

Coventry clearly a good side but the GK is woeful.

Cannot believe a side with all that talent for this level cannot find a better option that him. I cannot think of many worse keeping displays I have seen live.

Coventry clearly a good side but the GK is woeful.

Cannot believe a side with all that talent for this level cannot find a better option that him. I cannot think of many worse keeping displays I have seen live.

?? Jack Butland, about four years ago, a 4-0 rout and, IIRC, all from edge or outside the box and he was at fault for all of them!

I think Joe Cole actually showed some of his old class, but as mentioned above he did look unfit and needed someone alongside him to do his running. It was clear you were missing your strikers. If they had played then maybe a different scoreline. Your goalkeeper looked bereft of any confidence. All over the place for the majority of the game. In reply to the worst keeping performance, it was poor, but I'm sure there have been worse. Prudhoe against Rotherham around 15 years ago comes to mind. I also think you needed someone different in your midfield, lots of good technical players in OBrien, Maddison and Cole, but when you are being dominated by someone like Atkinson then you have a problem. Your defence also seemed disorganised, and played a very high line which contributed to our third goal. Other than that, you were great!

I felt the keeper looked very shaky, the attack looked a bit short of ideas and Tudgay appears to be on one last pay day.
Several on the pich appeared to be about 3 miles out as the national diving championships were at Garons , a bit further east.
Your ref played well.

Good support mind you, considering the difficulties there are when a team returns to its historical level after years of overachieving, we know that one quite well.

Thanks Gents for the info, much appreicated! to the guy who asked is our number 10 a ladybody! haha yeah hes very slight indeed his name is James Maddison he's going to play in the premier leauge one day tottenham are after him at the mo http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-...rs-coventry-midfielder-james-maddison-1539379

Interesting to hear about Reice charles cook the keeper he was lauded when he first broke into the team but has looked very nervous in the last few games. Again, good luck for the season guys you seem like a good bunch, might even be asking your opinion again after the playoff final!!

Thought Coventry were a decent footballing side which made the game enjoyable to watch if you were neutral, of course, the fact the majority weren't made for a great battle! O'Brien could have had a couple as seen on the highlights, you definitely missed Murphy and Armstrong but I believe we were set up for them anyway.

Joe Cole is, sadly, a shadow of what he once was, all the play went through him and unfortunately our midfield had the measure of him.

I am confused as to why you have played the same GK against us twice this season who, on both occasions, has looked distinctly dodgy. Is he really the best you have on offer?

Him apart, I am sure you'll do ok this year, you've spent some money on some quality players. They just came up a team who looked purposeful from the off and with some real class in Hendrie and Barnett.

Your supporters and players must have been delighted to see the Guard of Honour yesterday was a team in a ringer for a Coventry home kit!!! Honestly, wtf was that all about?! Commercial should check on the kits before accepting teams for certain games!

Their Number 1 Keeper at the time Lee Burge played against us at The Ricoh I think.

I was impressed by Coventry in the 1st half but I thought they faded quite badly in the 2nd half. Joe Cole seemed to be struggling to get his breath back at the end of the 1st half.

I think that was after Deegan strangled him on the halfway line, in fairness!

James,

Coventry, like a lot of sides, did come here trying to play, which made for a very good watch.

I think we bossed in midfield in the first half, winning all our personal battles.

Second half, down to 10, we allowed you guys to play a little more, but shut the door on any real clear cut chances.

Left back looked OK, but his crossing could have been better.

As someone said earlier, the key players flattered to deceive a bit. Tudgay, Hunt & Vincelot just never really got a kick.

Joe Cole still has it in him, but as others have said, is a shadow of his former self, which is as expected.

I noticed on your forum that a few people actually think he hasn't helped the side, as it slows the pace of your game down and I do remember, on the old highlights packages of your goals, that you ping it about a lot quicker than you did yesterday.

We were well beaten by Walsall, but of the other sides in the shake up at the top, I don't think anyone stands out that you shouldn't be able to go toe to toe with.

Gillingham are top and I think you whacked 4 past them in the first half, IIRC.

Back