• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
I've seen both times stated...15:00 or 19:45. so which is it?

To me, 19:45 seems a pointless KO time.

***Forget it! I didn't bother reading the article on the OS. I now know***

It is still on the OS fixtures list as Saturday 3pm but they have a news item saying it's moved to Monday 7.45pm.
Still outraged by it being moved and they should realise the fixture list needs changing

Wasn't there an issue with the fixture in that the Ricoh was already booked for something else? Or was that fixed for the previous Saturday fixture?

Wasn't there an issue with the fixture in that the Ricoh was already booked for something else? Or was that fixed for the previous Saturday fixture?

Insomnia Gaming Festival. Dullards knew that this was on when the season list was produced in June.

If the club are reading this, can they amend the fixture list on the OS site, please (and possibly issue another reminder). People might start booking hotels, train tickets etc for the Saturday, without realising

It's possible the fact the game is at 7:45 means we'll be on Sky. Although, the game after (Peterborough at home) is also on Sky, so I highly doubt it.

Unless Channel 5 have Football League match broadcasting rights...which I also doubt.

I work with a Millwall fan and he's said that their game is at 3pm on Bank holiday monday.

Also, I emailed the Football League about this game kicking off in the evening...here's what they replied with...

"Thank you for your email.

While we note your comments, unfortunately this fixture will kick-off at 7.45pm on 31[SUP]st[/SUP] August. There are a number of factors which can influence fixture scheduling and often these relate to safety and operational aspects. A number of considerations are made with regards to clubs, local authorities and police.

While we appreciate your position, we can only confirm that the fixture has been scheduled based on factors as raised above".

I know a lot of people that have already booked train tickets for the Saturday but are non-refundable. not happy bunnies to say the least!

Also, I emailed the Football League about this game kicking off in the evening...here's what they replied with...

While we note your comments, unfortunately this fixture will kick-off at 7.45pm on 31[SUP]st[/SUP] August. There are a number of factors which can influence fixture scheduling and often these relate to safety and operational aspects. A number of considerations are made with regards to clubs, local authorities and police.

While we appreciate your position, we can only confirm that the fixture has been scheduled based on factors as raised above".

Usual arrant disregard for the supporters. Could have skipped the mealy mouthed twaddle and just said "Tough, **** you" - amounts to the same thing.

Really rubbish this being an evening game now. I don't mind it being a Monday game, if anything I prefer it but I have work on Tuesday and now will be having a late night by the time I get back.

Surprised they didn't start it with 'Dear Dumb ****'

Shocking disregard for the fans.

email them back stating that your point is that the real reason - the stadium is being used for something else was already in the public domain (assuming it was- I haven't checked and am taking peoples word for it) and therefore they screwed up. This has caused inconvenience and financial loss to people and it was all 100% avoidable

email them back stating that your point is that the real reason - the stadium is being used for something else was already in the public domain (assuming it was- I haven't checked and am taking peoples word for it) and therefore they screwed up. This has caused inconvenience and financial loss to people and it was all 100% avoidable

...and if you don't get a satisfactory response make sure to mention that you'll firebomb Gary Lineker or something. Just for effect.

Back