• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coventry City v Luton Town 16:45 ko Wembley Stadium - CHAMPIONSHIP - PLAY-OFF FINAL

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
A battle of the non fashionable clubs this afternoon and a distant pointer to what we should aspire to if Ron goes. I'm not sure who I fancy but it will certainly be a battle to the death.

This thread will serve as pre-match and official match thread if you intend to pay any attention to the game.

For me a very uninspiring " biggest game in football (£££)" with 2 not a lot teams and average squads that have worked miracles to get so far.

I was sure Notts F would get relegated straight back, but who can say if today's winner can live the dream too.

I fancy Luton. They will be the next Bournemouth. Watched them a few times this season and they play some decent football to be fair to them. They seem to have that never say die spirit as well, which is down to the gaffer.

I’d imagine Kenilworth Road would need a lot of work done to get it up to standards should they win. It’s not that much different to Roots Hall really.

It gives us all hope when we see clubs like this on the brink of greatness. Maybe us one day? We can dream eh…

I fancy Luton. They will be the next Bournemouth. Watched them a few times this season and they play some decent football to be fair to them. They seem to have that never say die spirit as well, which is down to the gaffer.

I’d imagine Kenilworth Road would need a lot of work done to get it up to standards should they win. It’s not that much different to Roots Hall really.

It gives us all hope when we see clubs like this on the brink of greatness. Maybe us one day? We can dream eh…
With the right people in charge of the club it can be more than a dream.

@Smiffy , Luton would be my expected winners too. Physically a very strong side and huge work rate from 1 - 11.
On news the estimate is £10 million to get Kenni up to Prem admittance status. That is a lot of brown envelopes.

Without being called a Ron lover and I admit now he has taken the club to depths of despair, we have lived the dream
We were in the championship and whatever you feel about him he spent the money on players
Sadly the realisation is you need a lot more than the club could afford to stay in that league
Notts Forest threw the money at staying in the premier and just managed it, Brentford seem a club to align yourself with in terms of progress and keeping a level playing field imho

I am lucky to have a ticket for the game, my cousin is a Luton fan. Unlike many teams including us, neither Luton or Coventry play from the back much. Will be a game of long balls and crunching midfield tackles. Lutons history is amazing, let's hope we can equal it over the next few seasons. The majority of their squad started in the lower divisions. Will be interesting to see how the winners fare in the Premier.

Wish though they could both make it ax an alternative to the self entitled elite and an inspiration to what might happen under new ownership. Why not?

Dont want either,rather had Boro or Sland
Luton/Watford equavilent to Mogadischu .. both "towns" wanted to be TWINNED with Mogadisschu...but Moga turned them down.Would rather be twinned with Chernobyl

Back