• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coventry City v Luton Town 16:45 ko Wembley Stadium - CHAMPIONSHIP - PLAY-OFF FINAL

Luton achieved their goal of reaching the Premier league from non league.Hopefully with the right ownership and investment we can follow in their footsteps.

Congratulations Luton Town.

nba-plain--eefaf085-8fed-444c-8705-35727c14874d.png

Even 1 season in the premier league will be very fruitful for them money wise
. Good luck to them

I fancy Luton. They will be the next Bournemouth. Watched them a few times this season and they play some decent football to be fair to them. They seem to have that never say die spirit as well, which is down to the gaffer.

I’d imagine Kenilworth Road would need a lot of work done to get it up to standards should they win. It’s not that much different to Roots Hall really.

It gives us all hope when we see clubs like this on the brink of greatness. Maybe us one day? We can dream eh…
They’ve got outline planning permission for a new stadium. I’m sure there must be but I cannot think of any other club that has waited as long as we have since real plans were submitted (I.e. not the paper only plans of the 80s). There have obviously been some stadium fiascos along the way, e.g. Darlington.

Their target must surely be survival while the new stadium comes to fruition but they have the comfort of parachute payment if they fail. I don’t see promoted teams running into financial difficulties as they used to 10 or so years back.

I actually played at Kenliworth Road in the mid 80s. The facilities they had for players were utterly outstanding. The changing rooms were massive and well stocked. Also played at Loftus Road and apart from the fact the plastic pitch was worse than concrete their players facilities were actually worse than those at Roots Hall.

May as well mention I also played at Wembley when they were hiring out pitches before redevelopment. Changing rooms would have fallen down if they hadn’t been pulled down. The middle of the pitch from end to end was just mud. The wings were like carpet.

Anyway back on topic I actually think Luton will do OK next season. Shows what can be done.

I hope they do well, also hoping Chelsea play next season like they have this season then i would fancy them to be relegated , wouldnt that be a shock hehehehe Also will be interesting what happens to Man City

I think Luton getting promoted yesterday was worth in the region of £175m to them.

Ive quite liked the Premier League a bit more since the 3 Bs got promoted into it ,Brighton , Brentford and Bournemouth, They have shown the rest of the lower leagues what can be achieved with the right people in charge and the club is well run, sorry to see Southampton get relegated but i think they will bounce back pretty soon.

Back