• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Coventry City vs Southend United, Saturday 3 August 15:00 - St Andrews, Birmingham

Who would you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I messaged the club as I needed to know this as well (I won't know if I can go until the morning of the game). They replied that they don't have confirmation on that as yet - they will probably know more closer to the day so I'm going to chase them up again next week.
Thanks

Coventry tickets on sale from tomorrow. Does anyone know if you will be able to pay on the day at the ground?

I always buy on the day. It's never an issue unless we're off to a tiny ground for a crunch match. I never understand why there's so much worry on these forums about away tickets.

The capacity of St Andrews is 29,409. They'll prob be about 2,000 Cov fans, 1,000 Shrimpers, 400 stewards and 38 St John's Ambulance folk there.

If you roll up without a ticket and they refuse to let you in it will be somewhat interesting. :Smile2:

There will be a lot more than 2,000 cov fans lol we have sold about 3,000 season tickets now and I expect a lot more to come over as despite the off field disgrace at the minute, on the field we are fairly confident of a successful season. I reckon between 5-7,000 home fans will turn up out of curiosity as well as a few locals in the Birmingham area. If you guys bring over a 1000 too it should be half decent and to be honest a total attendance of 7,000+ is miles more than what I thought would turn up when the groundshare was announced

What are your expectations for the season ahead shrimpers?

At the moment would settle for mid table by Xmas and then hope to push on to top 10 position as the injured also return. Top scorers Hopper and Cox are both out injured for start of season with no pre season training. Also out currently are winger Barratt, and defenders Kyprianou, Demetriuo, plus Deing

Much will depend on who we bring in by 31st August given our release of 10 whilst bringing in 3. Leaves the squad fairly small comparatively and continuing presently to rely on good developing youngsters who sometimes struggle for consistency and of course experience.
Milligan looks a great signing as does left back Ralph. Goodyear upfront huge goalscoring record at about 3 tiers lower but yet to be tested fully, Need a bit more creativity in midfield and one more impressive centre back if find-able, the loan market yet to be tested but may be important during bargain weeks

You did well and had a very good season, should be a fascinating first game and in the early part of the season you get some strange results, enjoy Birmingham ??

There will be a lot more than 2,000 cov fans lol we have sold about 3,000 season tickets now and I expect a lot more to come over as despite the off field disgrace at the minute, on the field we are fairly confident of a successful season. I reckon between 5-7,000 home fans will turn up out of curiosity as well as a few locals in the Birmingham area. If you guys bring over a 1000 too it should be half decent and to be honest a total attendance of 7,000+ is miles more than what I thought would turn up when the groundshare was announced

What are your expectations for the season ahead shrimpers?

2500 sold so far;

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/s...ventry-city-season-tickets-standrews-16642274

At the moment would settle for mid table by Xmas and then hope to push on to top 10 position as the injured also return. Top scorers Hopper and Cox are both out injured for start of season with no pre season training. Also out currently are winger Barratt, and defenders Kyprianou, Demetriuo, plus Deing

Much will depend on who we bring in by 31st August given our release of 10 whilst bringing in 3. Leaves the squad fairly small comparatively and continuing presently to rely on good developing youngsters who sometimes struggle for consistency and of course experience.
Milligan looks a great signing as does left back Ralph. Goodyear upfront huge goalscoring record at about 3 tiers lower but yet to be tested fully, Need a bit more creativity in midfield and one more impressive centre back if find-able, the loan market yet to be tested but may be important during bargain weeks

You did well and had a very good season, should be a fascinating first game and in the early part of the season you get some strange results, enjoy Birmingham ??

Interesting. Southend were always a bogey team for us we have been turned over there a few times by a more streetwise team. Not sure what to expect from you guys this season but from what you said yeah will depend on your recruitment up to the 31st. The thing I love about mark Robin's is hes been here a few years now and got a settled way of playing and once again got his buisness done very early so had a settled team by the start of july. For the first time in years I actually expect us to do well but then again wouldnt be suprised if Southend do us over again haha.

I would expect a health away support at a ground we haven't played at for a good few years.

1500+ would be my guess

I would expect a health away support at a ground we haven't played at for a good few years.

1500+ would be my guess
I hope you are right but think that the attendance will be affected by the school holidays I for one cant make it for that reason

I parked in one of the club car parks back in 2007.Id have thought with reduced crowd that may well be possible again.Most probably be other private car parks too. Football ground guide always handy to have a look on for away games

i reckon because of school holidays 600 would be decent for us so many people take kids away in holidays this time of year

What is the parking like at st Andrews, Ricoh was good if slow when leaving?

However there may be some unofficial ones set up on the day 5 or 10 mins away from ground but seeing as we have never played there as the home team I couldnt tell you! Lol

Still gutted that I'm missing this game! I live in Birmingham and it's a 10 minute drive to St Andrews, but I'm in Scotland on holiday. As I'll be abroad ?, I'll try and watch it on iFollow! ?

Back