• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Covid 19 Vaccinations

Will you be getting vaccinated against Covid 19?

• Yes

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Waiting to see how it goes

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
It's almost a couple of weeks since the first vaccine jabs, but we have not heard much since from the authorities on how things are going. Have they stopped vaccinating people? Have they run out of vaccine already?
@Tinks will be well placed to answer your questions as she's at the frontline delivering it.

My mum had hers done yesterday! She goes back in three weeks for the booster and a week after that she should have immunity. Saw a van on saturday outside audley mills in rayleigh delivering the vaccine. There was a lot!

My mum had hers done yesterday! She goes back in three weeks for the booster and a week after that she should have immunity. Saw a van on saturday outside audley mills in rayleigh delivering the vaccine. There was a lot!
Think I mentioned in the other thread that my grandparents got theirs last week at Audley Mills

Just over 500,000 over 80s and some health professionals have recieved first jab.
In a few weeks they will get their second but the initial injection roll out will carry on alongside so logistically it is a hard schedule to work.

My wife’s grandmother had hers last Wednesday, said the only thing she noticed was her arm was a little sore. Goes back for her 2nd dose in the new year.

Apparently calculates your estimated date for getting the vaccine based on the governments current priority list.
However I don’t know how accurate this will prove to be.

Just over 500,000 over 80s and some health professionals have recieved first jab.
In a few weeks they will get their second but the initial injection roll out will carry on alongside so logistically it is a hard schedule to work.
Blimey that’s a fair number. Amazing really, that a vaccine has been approved in such a fast time and a real testament to the clever people involved. Likewise the amazing NHS. A real bit of hope amongst the doom & gloom.

It's almost a couple of weeks since the first vaccine jabs, but we have not heard much since from the authorities on how things are going. Have they stopped vaccinating people? Have they run out of vaccine already?

Saw yesterday on C4 news that apparently about half a million vaccinations have been done.While that's impressive it's nowhere near enough (yet) to ensure "herd immunity" for the UK population (which is not predicted before Easter when there should be about 60/70 % take up).

I'm surprised my dad hasn't been contacted. He's 80 years old and had a heart attack and bypass surgery nearly two years ago...

I'm surprised my dad hasn't been contacted. He's 80 years old and had a heart attack and bypass surgery nearly two years ago...
Just a guess, could his medication prohibit his having jab?
And lots of surgery areas aren't able to do jabs yet due to staff, training, premises, storage, numbers.

According to that calculator there’s 18 million - 20 million folk ahead of me and I’ve an initial jab date end April - mid-May.

Anyone else?

According to that calculator there’s 18 million - 20 million folk ahead of me and I’ve an initial jab date end April - mid-May.

Anyone else?
27 - 38 million people in front of me and initial jab will be somewhere between 30th June and 20th September (it looks like you get the same results if you put any age under 50 so I suspect I'll be closer to September given I'm healthy and in my mid 20s). It wouldn't surprise me if, despite what they're insisting about everyone eventually being vaccinated, to save on money I end up never being offered a vaccine if I'm on the later end of the timeline. If I'm 35 millionth in the queue we'll probably be at a level where hospitals can easily cope with anyone that does end up catching Covid and the government might judge that's it's better to give the surplus vaccines to countries we trade heavily with that can't afford to get their own.

Back