• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Covid 19 Vaccinations

Will you be getting vaccinated against Covid 19?

• Yes

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Waiting to see how it goes

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
According to that calculator there’s 18 million - 20 million folk ahead of me and I’ve an initial jab date end April - mid-May.

Anyone else?

Sometime between July-September based on 1m people a week being vaccinated. I won't hold my breath and I won't worry about it either

Should speed up the vaccination process when the cambridge one starts kicking in. Can be stored in a fridge

If only they could produce a vaccine that can be administered within a can of Strongbow that would solve the issue overnight, including for me! :Happy:

According to that calculator there’s 18 million - 20 million folk ahead of me and I’ve an initial jab date end April - mid-May.

Anyone else?
There are between 6,029,525 and 9,926,645 people in front of me in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK.
Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, I should expect to receive my vaccine between 02/02/2021 and 01/03/2021.

So my big prick will not be too far away.

Reactions: ESG
My wife works in an independently owned pharmacy and the owner has considered doing the vaccination. They will allow him to do it but only if he can commit to a minimum of 1000 a week!

My wife works in an independently owned pharmacy and the owner has considered doing the vaccination. They will allow him to do it but only if he can commit to a minimum of 1000 a week!
How many hours a week is it open, and what other logistical problems could there be?

How many hours a week is it open, and what other logistical problems could there be?

0830-1900 mon to fri
0900-1300 sat

It takes the pharmacists away from doing their normal work and they just don’t have the staff.

There are between 6,029,525 and 9,926,645 people in front of me in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK.
Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, I should expect to receive your vaccine between 02/02/2021 and 01/03/2021.

So my big prick will not be too far away.

May not be that bigger prick if there is a cold snap then.

They started doing it last week in the surgery opp me. Queues all day most of the week, but has been nothing this week.

You also have to keep them there for 15 minutes after to ensure no major side affects.
And each capsule makes 6 or 7 jabs and has to be used within a very limited time period or goes to waste. Storage at -80c.?
Roll out the Oxford and that will be easier.

I'm definitely having it as I am an NHS clinician working with people in the extremely vulnerable group. Hopefully the Oxford vaccine will be given the go ahead soon so I will be vaccinated next month.

We have been rolling out the vaccine now for well over a week and I have to say the up take has been very good within the area I work.
However, some people have not shown up for their appointments or notified which is really frustrating as those times could have been given to others.
Luckily and very fortunately for me I have had the vaccine as have some of my colleagues but the logistics of the vaccine is a nightmare.
Currently we only have the Pfizer one available and all of us in health are just praying the Oxford vaccine comes onboard soon and from what I am told it is “just around the corner” with this vaccine it is so much more easier to administer and manage and we can easily transport it.
At the moment the Pfizer is delicate and quite fragile even how you hold the vial. We are getting approx 5 vaccine per vial but, we have to keep them at certain temperature and we have to use within a certain time frame. They only come in in batches of just under a 1,000 and we cannot move from site which means I cannot get out to the care homes and start to vaccinate there but, there are plans being drawn up to address this.
Some homes and family’s have been really good and offered us so much help with this.

We have also been told that the vaccine programme will be significantly scaled up next year

Back