• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Covid 19 Vaccinations

Will you be getting vaccinated against Covid 19?

• Yes

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Waiting to see how it goes

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
We have been rolling out the vaccine now for well over a week and I have to say the up take has been very good within the area I work.
However, some people have not shown up for their appointments or notified which is really frustrating as those times could have been given to others.
Luckily and very fortunately for me I have had the vaccine as have some of my colleagues but the logistics of the vaccine is a nightmare.
Currently we only have the Pfizer one available and all of us in health are just praying the Oxford vaccine comes onboard soon and from what I am told it is “just around the corner” with this vaccine it is so much more easier to administer and manage and we can easily transport it.
At the moment the Pfizer is delicate and quite fragile even how you hold the vial. We are getting approx 5 vaccine per vial but, we have to keep them at certain temperature and we have to use within a certain time frame. They only come in in batches of just under a 1,000 and we cannot move from site which means I cannot get out to the care homes and start to vaccinate there but, there are plans being drawn up to address this.
Some homes and family’s have been really good and offered us so much help with this.

We have also been told that the vaccine programme will be significantly scaled up next year
Top work Tinks and team. PM me if you need any volunteer helper in Southend or Westcliff areas.

According to that calculator there’s 18 million - 20 million folk ahead of me and I’ve an initial jab date end April - mid-May.

Anyone else?
There’s 503,378 and 4,384,545 people in front of me in the queue.
My vaccine date is given as between 27/12/2020 and 23/01/2021.

I’m going to leave the Pfizer vaccine though.
Been looking on the CDC (Centre for Disease Control) website & the statistics table is interesting. I’m also surprised it hasn’t seen more coverage in UK media.

However I would definitely suggest everyone do their own due diligence before making their mind up.

My mum had hers on Monday and said she felt very tired the day after. Its not uncommon to have some side effects with a vaccine (there is with the flu vaccine). There's been two cases in the UK and both made full recoveries soon after. Considering the amount dished out already its not even a blip. Bottom line its safe.

There’s 503,378 and 4,384,545 people in front of me in the queue.
My vaccine date is given as between 27/12/2020 and 23/01/2021.

I’m going to leave the Pfizer vaccine though.
Been looking on the CDC (Centre for Disease Control) website & the statistics table is interesting. I’m also surprised it hasn’t seen more coverage in UK media.

However I would definitely suggest everyone do their own due diligence before making their mind up.
Why?

6 cases of anaphylaxis in over 250,000 doses administered. In some there was a history of anaphylaxis, and all cases were treated to recovery.

Unless you have a history of anaphylaxis with previous vaccinations, why are you potentially skipping a highly effective and safe vaccine?

Why?

6 cases of anaphylaxis in over 250,000 doses administered. In some there was a history of anaphylaxis, and all cases were treated to recovery.

Unless you have a history of anaphylaxis with previous vaccinations, why are you potentially skipping a highly effective and safe vaccine?

You have no proof of that because it has not been used widely enough or on enough different people. Those who are pregnant for a start.

Which is why they have made sure they have no comeback if it goes wrong. Most would not employ a sparks or plumber under those conditions. For some of us it would be illegal in our line of business.

Why?

Individual preference.
I’ll have the final say what is administered into my body- nobody else.

The problem is, the longer the delay, the worse it gets. There comes a point when people think the perceived risk is worth taking.
If a vaccine turned up that was guaranteed 100% safe and effective in a year's time, the question "Why didn't we wait?" will be too late. Further - we obviously can't see into the future!

Individual preference.

Ultimately you do and its your choice. But the way I see you have three options

1 Have the vaccine get on with your life
2 Don't have the vaccine get on with your life, and run a risk you'll catch it
3 Don't have the vaccine and lock yourself in your house for the rest of your life

because in six months nobody is going to follow any restrictions and protect you

You have no proof of that because it has not been used widely enough or on enough different people. Those who are pregnant for a start.
There is good enough proof across various groups of people for a broad license to have been granted in multiple countries.

It's standard that drugs and vaccines aren't trialled in pregnant women, although some people in the trials became pregnant and are being monitored.

Nothing to suggest that it can't be safely taken by pregnant women, but the benefit/risk profile suggests it isn't sensible to do so at the moment and we'll have to wait for more data to emerge to be able to say conclusively. Studies are ongoing, and pregnant women are in general younger and therefore at a lower risk of severe COVID/mortality so there is a lower urgency in having a smallish group of generally low risk people vaccinated. As health care professionals are vaccinated we'll get more information, and trials could be launched in 2021 after further animal studies.

Individual preference.
Understandable.
But, tap water has many chemicals in it, and is widely reputed to be contaminated with female contraceptive drug to a minor degree, just for example.
Most shop biscuits and cakes, ready meals have additives, as does most liquids.
Your reply is good, easy to state but incredibly hard to keep to.

In my family, through marriage we have a Thalidomide victim. If you are from that era and grew up in Hullbridge or went to school at Greensward you would know her.

They knew about the disaster unfolding 4 years before her mum ever took that drug. The lied and said it was due to nuclear testing. Then spent years trying to avoid compensation.

Some countries took longer to admit it or denied it all together. I think Spain finally did only 15 years ago. The main man behind it was a former Nazi wanted for experimenting on children in Poland. But there he was working for Germany's top pharmaceutical company and never prosecuted.

If only those poor mothers who have carried guilt into old age or death, had known the truth back then.

In my family, through marriage we have a Thalidomide victim. If you are from that era and grew up in Hullbridge or went to school at Greensward you would know her.

They knew about the disaster unfolding 4 years before her mum ever took that drug. The lied and said it was due to nuclear testing. Then spent years trying to avoid compensation.

Some countries took longer to admit it or denied it all together. I think Spain finally did only 15 years ago. The main man behind it was a former Nazi wanted for experimenting on children in Poland. But there he was working for Germany's top pharmaceutical company and never prosecuted.

If only those poor mothers who have carried guilt into old age or death, had known the truth back then.
Times change mate, many things (like venal self serving politicians) may stay the same BUT I do believe science and medicine has progressed since Nazi experiments.
Scaremongering isn't clever.

Times change mate, many things (like venal self serving politicians) may stay the same BUT I do believe science and medicine has progressed since Nazi experiments.
Scaremongering isn't clever.

Then read up about Pfizer covering up things including testing on African children.

The truth is not scaremongering its essential to allow an informed decision.

That's terrible, but thalidomide isnt a vaccine. A totally different drug and administered diffrrently

That's terrible, but thalidomide isnt a vaccine. A totally different drug and administered diffrrently

There was a full scale mass vaccine programme halted in the US in 1976. You should look up the reasons why. Its still covered up today

There was a full scale mass vaccine programme halted in the US in 1976. You should look up the reasons why. Its still covered up today

The problems with the 76 swine flu vaccine were many fold but had nothing to do with it being unsafe. But I think you know that already. I cant see any evidence of it being covered up, the information is readily available.

Back