• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Covid 19 Vaccinations

Will you be getting vaccinated against Covid 19?

• Yes

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Waiting to see how it goes

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
He didn't state his reason. He's perfectly entitled to ignore the question and perfectly entitled to skip being vaccinated.

What I find interesting is that people will choose to skip one vaccine in favour of another because of a seriously low side effect rate. However, I've just been reading First News (a kids' newspaper that my kids read) which showed a table of the various vaccines and their status.

Assuming the newspaper is accurate then:

• The Pfizer vaccine is 95% effective (with an extremely low side effect rate)
  • The Oxford one is 90% effective (with a currently unknown side effect rate)

I know which one sounds the better choice to me.

(As an aside, I tried to add a photo I took from the newspaper here, but it said the size was too big. What is the size limit for a photo?)

What I find interesting is that people will choose to skip one vaccine in favour of another because of a seriously low side effect rate. However, I've just been reading First News (a kids' newspaper that my kids read) which showed a table of the various vaccines and their status.

Assuming the newspaper is accurate then:

• The Pfizer vaccine is 95% effective (with an extremely low side effect rate)
  • The Oxford one is 90% effective (with a currently unknown side effect rate)

I know which one sounds the better choice to me.

(As an aside, I tried to add a photo I took from the newspaper here, but it said the size was too big. What is the size limit for a photo?)

My limited understanding is that the Pfizer one is based on new 'technology' whereas Oxford is using established 'technology', so I guess the long term impacts from the Pfizer are not yet established versus the Oxford. That's my laymans thinking - please correct it!

27 - 38 million people in front of me and initial jab will be somewhere between 30th June and 20th September (it looks like you get the same results if you put any age under 50 so I suspect I'll be closer to September given I'm healthy and in my mid 20s). It wouldn't surprise me if, despite what they're insisting about everyone eventually being vaccinated, to save on money I end up never being offered a vaccine if I'm on the later end of the timeline. If I'm 35 millionth in the queue we'll probably be at a level where hospitals can easily cope with anyone that does end up catching Covid and the government might judge that's it's better to give the surplus vaccines to countries we trade heavily with that can't afford to get their own.

23 million in front of me, I am in my late fifties, giving me a date in early June. According to the site, this is based on 1 million vaccines a week being administered. The latest figures I could find is that we have received 800k doses, but we not administered even half of them so far*. My guess is that people like me will be looking to get vaccinated sometime in 2022. I fear we are not even halfway through the crisis.

*The BBC are saying the figure is 0.5m vaccines now administered,

Last edited:
23 million in front of me, I am in my late fifties, giving me a date in early June. According to the site, this is based on 1 million vaccines a week being administered. The latest figures I could find is that we have received 800k doses, but we not administered even half of them so far*. My guess is that people like me will be looking to get vaccinated sometime in 2022. I fear we are not even halfway through the crisis.

*The BBC are saying the figure is 0.5m vaccines now administered,

The problem with the current vaccine is the logistics and storage make it unviable for a lot of situations.

If/when the Oxford vaccine gets the green light things should shift up considerably

I'd imagine logistics come into it - e.g. the very remotest, least populated part of Cornwall (for example) probably won't have the facility to store @ -70°, so the fridge one will be a better option. Just my guess.

I'd imagine logistics come into it - e.g. the very remotest, least populated part of Cornwall (for example) probably won't have the facility to store @ -70°, so the fridge one will be a better option. Just my guess.

From what i understand it it can be stored at -70°C for up to 6 months but can be stored in a fridge ranging from 2-8°C for up to 5 days. And as its probably more popular than a Playstation 5 of Xbox X i can't imagine its going to be going off in the back of pharmacists fridges

Around 1.5 MB from posting pics in the gigs section. Haven't done that for a while now. :Sad:

The photo size limit on ShrimperZone is currently set at 1 MB, so any pic needs to be under that.

Back