• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Covid test result waiting time.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
So I have a weekend away booked in Brighton for me and Mrs.

My son has had a cold all week but no covid symptoms.

His friend who he got the cold from visited her GP with her parents and was told to get a covid test and advise anyone she had been in contact with to do the same.

As a result I got sent home from work (NHS) yesterday after telling my boss the situation.

I don't for one minute believe either myself or son has covid but we tested yesterday at 12pm.

The problem I have is that I have booked an expensive weekend away for my girlfriends birthday on the Saturday and my son will be going to my mum who had covid at the start of the outbreak and was hospitalised.

Anyone know when I can expect a test result back?

We were told yesterday that it could be as soon as 24 hours but how likely is that?

We have hotel and restaurants etc booked.

Bit of a nightmare really.

Why should you have a Covid test if no one has shown any Covid symptoms?

Sounds dodgy to me, also why would your work send you home if your are not showing symptoms or even been in contact with someone who has?

In terms of test results, from my expreience of having my staff sent for testing it's anywhere from 24-48 hours on average, some have taken upto 72 hours to be returned

Fingers crossed for you and your family and let’s hope they come back quick but, from colleagues who have recently been tested they had results within 24hrs.
If you are NHS you can apply via the NHS staff testing which is quicker

Sounds dodgy to me, also why would your work send you home if your are not showing symptoms or even been in contact with someone who has?

In terms of test results, from my expreience of having my staff sent for testing it's anywhere from 24-48 hours on average, some have taken upto 72 hours to be returned

I think work are just over sensitive as a few people in the office have been quite unwell with covid.

I called the covid line via work and they said I'm fine as nobody is yet confirmed as covid positive. So off to Brighton we went.

I think work are just over sensitive as a few people in the office have been quite unwell with covid.

I called the covid line via work and they said I'm fine as nobody is yet confirmed as covid positive. So off to Brighton we went.

Good for you, enjoy it

So I have a weekend away booked in Brighton for me and Mrs.

My son has had a cold all week but no covid symptoms.

His friend who he got the cold from visited her GP with her parents and was told to get a covid test and advise anyone she had been in contact with to do the same.

As a result I got sent home from work (NHS) yesterday after telling my boss the situation.

I don't for one minute believe either myself or son has covid but we tested yesterday at 12pm.

The problem I have is that I have booked an expensive weekend away for my girlfriends birthday on the Saturday and my son will be going to my mum who had covid at the start of the outbreak and was hospitalised.

Anyone know when I can expect a test result back?

We were told yesterday that it could be as soon as 24 hours but how likely is that?

We have hotel and restaurants etc booked.

Bit of a nightmare really.

Was this a postal test or test centre test?

My test centre results took 16 hours to come back.

BTW I also thought my kids had mild colds and a test was a waste of time. I was wrong.

It is policy. Of you have a test you must self isolate until the results are known.

Back