• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Covid vaccine passes

Surely Its that selfish "I've had my jabs so that I can have a holiday" mentality which has spread Omicon around the world.
I would argue that it's the selfish "first" world Western mentality that has assumed that just vaccinating its own citizens is enough and not the rest of the world has allowed (entirely predictably) new variants of the virus like Omicron to spread like wildfire.Remember the mantra that "none of us is safe until all of us are." It still applies.

I would argue that it's the selfish "first" world Western mentality that has assumed that just vaccinating its own citizens is enough and not the rest of the world has allowed (entirely predictably) new variants of the virus like Omicron to spread like wildfire.Remember the mantra that "none of us is safe until all of us are." It still applies.

Personally I would rather Western big pharmacy not use labs in China in order to ignore safety rules and cut costs in the first place.

That way they would never have accidentally released the virus on the rest of the world in the first place.

The mantra "none of us are safe until all of us are" is utter nonsense and a clear case of ignoring science and embracing fear.

Personally I would rather Western big pharmacy not use labs in China in order to ignore safety rules and cut costs in the first place.

That way they would never have accidentally released the virus on the rest of the world in the first place.

The mantra "none of us are safe until all of us are" is utter nonsense and a clear case of ignoring science and embracing fear.

We should boyycot the winter Olympics like a lot of Countries

The vaccinations do not prevent transmission of C-19 enough to put the virus in perpetual decline, even if every last human on Earth was vaccinated we would still have cases and new variants as it would still be spreading? Please refer to almost every nation with 90%+ antibodies in the population.

Forgive me but I don't exactly understand where you're coming from implying that safety can finally be achieved if we vaccinated the rest of the world.

This is a risk factor for everyone going forward. You can make personal choices to mitigate that risk but the risk will remain.

The vaccinations do not prevent transmission of C-19 enough to put the virus in perpetual decline, even if every last human on Earth was vaccinated we would still have cases and new variants as it would still be spreading? Please refer to almost every nation with 90%+ antibodies in the population.

Forgive me but I don't exactly understand where you're coming from implying that safety can finally be achieved if we vaccinated the rest of the world.

This is a risk factor for everyone going forward. You can make personal choices to mitigate that risk but the risk will remain.

It stands to reason that the more people in the world that are vaccinated then the safer everbody would be since there would be less chance of dangerous new variants emerging in the future.QED.

Last edited:

I'm not a big fan of China as it happens but if you want to investigate the role of BigPharma in the current Covid epidemic then you should take a close look at Pfiizer-BioNtech,IMO.

They've already announced record profits for this year ((no problem with that) but still refuse to allow third world countries to manufacture their own version of the vaccine.

Some arguments in favour of your last point might help.

I'm not a big fan of China as it happens but if you want to investigate the role of BigPharma in the current Covid epidemic then you should take a close look at Pfiizer-BioNtech,IMO.

They've already announced record profits for this year ((no problem with that) but still refuse to allow third world countries to manufacture their own version of the vaccine.

Some arguments in favour of your last point might help.

I don't know about you but have never had a vaccine for Ebola, Aids or the Swine flu of 1976.

As rightly pointed out we will not get into third world politics.

For those of you with an open mind and want more knowledge about Covid....Look up Fort Detrick in the US You won't find much unless you add emergency shut down July 2019.....Its even on the BBC website.

It stands to reason that the more people in the world that are vaccinated then the safer everbody would be since there would be less chance of dangerous new variants emerging in the future.QED.
But if they don't stop transmission enough (Israel/Gibraltar/Ireland all prime examples of a very high vaccine takeup but high transmission rates) then there will still be spread, infections, viral replication and therefore mutations, which will see the rise of new variants anyway.

I'm of the belief that this will naturally eek out like Spanish Flu and become a seasonal illness of a milder variety. But we need to let it happen, surely going for natural infection would be our way out?

Majority of people are protected by jabs in Europe so maybe natural exposure to something SA doctors say is milder than the Delta wave could finally get us out. I think @GNH said something similar earlier in the thread.

As for the rest of the world, we know companies and governments have the technology and some have surplus stock of this stuff. It's up to them to share it.

Not digging you out at all by the way, just trying to pick your brains on how you see the current situation. Better to discuss than to sit on our hands because we'll never get anywhere otherwise.

I always get rubbish Christmas presents and just received my first one slightly early. A positive PCR test.

Slightly miffed as i've been doing LFTs since Saturday (when my wife tested positive) and not tested positive on one of those, but did a PCR test on Saturday as the wife did one and have found to be positive and got my results back this morning.

Double jabbed (with my booster being delivered last monday) No symptons, of Covid at all. Not even a sympton of a cold developing.

I'm personally going to blame football on this one. Everytime I manage to get a ticket for £5 i'm ill.

Last time it happened was Nottingham Forest Vs Southend back in 2007. I remember looking forward to the promotion of "Forest for a Fiver" but got food poisoning.

I always get rubbish Christmas presents and just received my first one slightly early. A positive PCR test.

Slightly miffed as i've been doing LFTs since Saturday (when my wife tested positive) and not tested positive on one of those, but did a PCR test on Saturday as the wife did one and have found to be positive and got my results back this morning.

Double jabbed (with my booster being delivered last monday) No symptons, of Covid at all. Not even a sympton of a cold developing.

I'm personally going to blame football on this one. Everytime I manage to get a ticket for £5 i'm ill.

Last time it happened was Nottingham Forest Vs Southend back in 2007. I remember looking forward to the promotion of "Forest for a Fiver" but got food poisoning.
Sorry to hear, guessing that's screwed your Christmas plans right up.

I avoided Saturday's game partially through boycott but also would rather not be self-isolating over Christmas.

I got COVID 6 weeks ago but LFT was negative, PCR positive. Can't exactly explain to you why that is but you're not the only one.

I got COVID 6 weeks ago but LFT was negative, PCR positive. Can't exactly explain to you why that is but you're not the only one.
That happened to me a few weeks ago too, although once I started to get symptoms (thankfully nothing worse than what you'd get with a cold) I tried another LFT out of curiosity and I tested positive that time. Apparently LFTs only detects Covid if you have "high" levels of it in you whilst PCRs a lot better at detecting any level of Covid. I guess Covid needs time to replicate in your system so LFTs might come back negative until you've had Covid for a couple of days.

We have just caught up with a shed load of reports and moved/deleted quite a few in the Covid/vaccination threads.

We don't want politics at all on here but a few push that too far over every discussion, related or not, with arguments about Covid in general. We don't really want to make Covid discussions off-limits, but we are getting fed up of the constant slew of reports about (and sometimes from) people who should be better than school yard arguments.

As a reminder:
  • Personal abuse is against forum rules
  • If you disagree with someone, either ignore their opinions, or debate them sensibly offering your alternative opinion - Calling them names, or reporting the post and calling them an idiot or moron achieves very little
  • Play the post, not the poster

Last edited:
Sorry to hear, guessing that's screwed your Christmas plans right up.

I avoided Saturday's game partially through boycott but also would rather not be self-isolating over Christmas.

Glad i'm not the only one. For moment I thought all those years picking up yellow label bargains in Tesco, M&S then leaving them in my fridge for a week or so and then eating them had enhanced my immune system to such a level that i'm now resistant to viruses. I was just about to start thinking of my superhero name and pitching the concept to Marvel.

I didn't go to the Dorking game (which was also a £10 for my age) Its the Boxing Day fixture that i've now got to miss.

Has messed up Christmas plans a little bit. In-laws meant to stay with us Christmas Eve for a couple of nights. Was meant to be last year, but that got scuppered by lockdown v.3.1. Now this years has been messed up. Will now delay it until before New Year (restrictions permitting)

Fingers crossed I don't get it that bad, but so far the only reason I know that I have got it is because i've specifically done a test for it (currently no symptons).

Glad i'm not the only one. For moment I thought all those years picking up yellow label bargains in Tesco, M&S then leaving them in my fridge for a week or so and then eating them had enhanced my immune system to such a level that i'm now resistant to viruses. I was just about to start thinking of my superhero name and pitching the concept to Marvel.

I didn't go to the Dorking game (which was also a £10 for my age) Its the Boxing Day fixture that i've now got to miss.

Has messed up Christmas plans a little bit. In-laws meant to stay with us Christmas Eve for a couple of nights. Was meant to be last year, but that got scuppered by lockdown v.3.1. Now this years has been messed up. Will now delay it until before New Year (restrictions permitting)

Fingers crossed I don't get it that bad, but so far the only reason I know that I have got it is because i've specifically done a test for it (currently no symptons).
Suppose on the Christmas plans depends on how much you like the in-laws as to whether it's a disaster :Smile:

Good to hear on the symptoms so far, fingers crossed it stays that way. South African doctors and also now UK symptom trackers indicate our latest strain is much milder (yet to be certified but data goes that way) so hopefully even if you do come down with it, it's not going to be Delta.

I believe I had the fortune of Delta last month, but a super-high temperature (near 40 degrees Celsius without paracetamol) combined with a longer-term loss of smell were the only things that distinguished it from a typical winter flu. I've only fully regained my smell in the last week or so. But bear in mind I am 20 so rates of serious illness are much lower in my age group, I could imagine it would affect people more as you move up the age groups.

Suppose on the Christmas plans depends on how much you like the in-laws as to whether it's a disaster :Smile:

Good to hear on the symptoms so far, fingers crossed it stays that way. South African doctors and also now UK symptom trackers indicate our latest strain is much milder (yet to be certified but data goes that way) so hopefully even if you do come down with it, it's not going to be Delta.

I believe I had the fortune of Delta last month, but a super-high temperature (near 40 degrees Celsius without paracetamol) combined with a longer-term loss of smell were the only things that distinguished it from a typical winter flu. I've only fully regained my smell in the last week or so. But bear in mind I am 20 so rates of serious illness are much lower in my age group, I could imagine it would affect people more as you move up the age groups.
God i'm 38. That means i'm done for :Sad:

The Prem are having a meeting today to discuss the current situation. Will be interesting what they come up with.

God i'm 38. That means i'm done for :Sad:
You should be alright, maintaining daily vitamin counts and drinking plenty of water is a good start should you start feeling iffy.

I'd recommend doing that anyway to be fair, it's something I've been more aware of since this started.

Had your jabs too, that should help give a quicker immune response. All in all I wouldn't worry too much about it :Thumbs up:

Back