• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Covid vaccine passes

We have just caught up with a shed load of reports and moved/deleted quite a few in the Covid/vaccination threads.

We don't want politics at all on here but a few push that too far over every discussion, related or not, with arguments about Covid in general. We don't really want to make Covid discussions off-limits, but we are getting fed up of the constant slew of reports about (and sometimes from) people who should be better than school yard arguments.

As a reminder:
  • Personal abuse is against forum rules
  • If you disagree with someone, either ignore their opinions, or debate them sensibly offering your alternative opinion - Calling them names, or reporting the post and calling them an idiot or moron achieves very little
  • Play the post, not the poster
The problem being that Covid passes are tied to politics, with the govt being the ones that decide who, what and where with everything Covid related (and that's just the who what and where of politicians that break all the rules while us plebs do as we are told).

I understand why you don't want politics involved but not easy when politics is the main protagonist

The Prem are having a meeting today to discuss the current situation. Will be interesting what they come up with.

Basically the clubs have been advised that "if you have 13 fit players plus a goalkeeper don't know what your complaining about"

I suggest you read thuis article to find how and what we should do about it. https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-failure-will-harm-britain-gordon-brown-warns

Basically new variants of the Covid 19 virus are likely to emerge in countries where not enough people have been vaccinated.Surely that's not too hard to grasp?
Don't be so ****ing patronising.

My point is how does a new variant happen? Just people not being vaccinated makes covid mutate does it???

You can still get and transmit covid if you have been vaccinated so what's the difference?

My point is how does a new variant happen? Just people not being vaccinated makes covid mutate does it???

You can still get and transmit covid if you have been vaccinated so what's the difference?

To be fair, you calling the public plebs didn't help.

I've tried to address the same point in a previous post.

This really is the burning question that nobody wants to answer.

I know plenty of people who caught COVID post-vaccination. It happens often, but it seems to be a touchy issue.

To be fair, you calling the public plebs didn't help.
I agree with this. Debates need to be respectful and informed, name calling or negative remarks only detract from conversation.

Not singling anyone out but it's frustrating to see when we should be able to talk about stuff like this that impacts every Shrimper (and non-Shrimper) on these forums.

I know plenty of people who caught COVID post-vaccination. It happens often, but it seems to be a touchy issue.
The vaccine's primary purpose is to reduce the severity of symptoms so that there's a much lower risk of you dying (which we can see has worked because positive Covid cases are back to last Christmas's levels but we're nowhere near the death and hospitalisation rates we saw last year). It isn't designed to stop you getting infected (although it does help a little bit with it). Saying the vaccine isn't worthwhile because you can still catch Covid would be like saying seatbelts are pointless because you can still crash your car.

Best to ask the people who made the original Covid19......Doubt you will get a reply as even the recipe for Coka-Cola is a well guarded secrete.

The vaccine's primary purpose is to reduce the severity of symptoms so that there's a much lower risk of you dying (which we can see has worked because positive Covid cases are back to last Christmas's levels but we're nowhere near the death and hospitalisation rates we saw last year). It isn't designed to stop you getting infected (although it does help a little bit with it). Saying the vaccine isn't worthwhile because you can still catch Covid would be like saying seatbelts are pointless because you can still crash your car.
I never said vaccines weren't worthwhile so please don't tie me into that rhetoric.

They are great at what they were promised to do initially, which was to reduce severe illness, hospitalisations and death. I'm grateful for this being available to family of mine who otherwise could be looking at a really bad illness or even worse.

This is my point with transmission, they clearly struggle to tick this box. Viruses mutate more often when they replicate in an infected host, so to the best of my knowledge, vaccination will not stop variants unless we can conjure up something that does more to stop it spreading?

That's where the COVID passes have no leg to stand on. Vaccinated but unknowingly positive, you can walk into a 10000+ football stadium and give it to loads of others. Unvaccinated can only access by being negative, so in theory they're the safer bet.

How does that make logical sense? Surely everyone should be responsible and do a LFT pre-game during what will be a tough winter?

I agree with this. Debates need to be respectful and informed, name calling or negative remarks only detract from conversation.

Not singling anyone out but it's frustrating to see when we should be able to talk about stuff like this that impacts every Shrimper (and non-Shrimper) on these forums.
Read my whole post again. I was differentiating between the government and everyone else in the uk. I wasn't singling out any single person as a pleb but the fact is we are all plebs by following the guidelines while the govt are partying away ignoring the rules they have set in place.

Oh how they must be laughing at us plebs, schmucks, idiots etc etc etc

I agree whole heartedly. The fact that it's a touchy issue and nobody wants to answer it leads me to believe that all is not as it seems.

Read my whole post again. I was differentiating between the government and everyone else in the uk. I wasn't singling out any single person as a pleb but the fact is we are all plebs by following the guidelines while the govt are partying away ignoring the rules they have set in place.

Oh how they must be laughing at us plebs, schmucks, idiots etc etc etc
Right makes more sense in that context ?

Back