• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Covid vaccine passes

No, thankfully. Try listening to other scientists and doctors, not the ones who are on the BBC every day spreading fear and demanding more restrictions.

Notice how the scientists concluded straight away that omicron is more infectious, but are still reluctant to say whether it's more or less severe despite all the evidence pointing to it being less severe. Wonder why that is.

Erring on the side of caution - they're literally taking life or death decisions - I'd rather they continue to err on side of caution

It’s nothing to do with experts it’s how the politicians interpret their advice. Anyway Michael Gove had enough of the experts before Brexit and that’s worked out well
I would say SAGE publicly stating that we need more restrictions as something to do with the experts but we can agree to disagree.

Purely speculation - but if the passports aren't being enforced or not working, then presumably next step is to close?
I think the point is the passports are a bit silly as seen in Wales they do not guarantee a 'safe' venue.

What can help is a negative test for both those who chose vaccination and those who did not. Something I'd be more than willing to do until the pandemic eeks out, which may/may not be soon with latest variant.

Nobody should get special rules when it seems those who have already tried this approach are not any better off. That's how we start dividing people up medically in a way we've never done in the UK.

As for closure, I think it would be closure for the last time if businesses are subject to this again.

Last edited:
Figures quoted in todays Independent say 90,000 of those were of the Delta variant?. I thought that one had stated to wane, but obviously not!.
Did they say 90,000 were Delta or that 3,000 were Omicron? Only a subsection of Covid positive cases are tested for their variant type so it might be 3,000 out of 5,000 tested samples were Omicron, everything I've read has said that Omicron is making up the majority of new cases.

You will be bamboozled with alleged facts and figures by the govt to scare you into doing as you are told. Mind games leads to mind control, blindly flowing without asking questions
I don't think that's the best way to put it if you're looking to put your opinion across. Hostile language leads to hostile language in response, even if you did have a point to make.

I personally don't have faith in some of our measures as you don't, but I think there's a better way to express it. Just saying :Thumbs up:

Did they say 90,000 were Delta or that 3,000 were Omicron? Only a subsection of Covid positive cases are tested for their variant type so it might be 3,000 out of 5,000 tested samples were Omicron, everything I've read has said that Omicron is making up the majority of new cases.
Def said 90 odd thousand were Delta, the rest Omicron.

No way that would be right, been steady cases for months and suddenly doubles in a few days?

They don't even sequence anywhere near that many tests daily so they couldn't know anyway.
That's what i thought, but as the Govt had said up to yesterday they'd 'only' been 15,000 confirmed Omicron so far, then what strain was responsible for the massive surge in positive cases, in last 3 days?.

That's what i thought, but as the Govt had said up to yesterday they'd 'only' been 15,000 confirmed Omicron so far, then what strain was responsible for the massive surge in positive cases, in last 3 days?.

They only sequence a small proportion of tests, the others are most likely Omicron but unconfirmed.

Again wiith the breaking news of London declaring an emergency, it references admissions to hospital going up fast, but as usual doesn't say if they are because of covid or the fact they are testing everyone going to hospital to see if they have it, regardless of admission status.

It's the deliberate partial information to suit pre determined agendas that really annoys me, eitther tell the whole picture or none at all.

Wouldn’t most agree that a short term over-reaction (if that’s what it turns out to be) is better than an under-reaction?

Yes I would, however I have no faith in anyone having the guts to admit it was an over reaction and be brave enough to end any short term measures.

Population is a factor.... London is usually a hub because its so packed and then filters outwards, containing a higher population than Australia!! The underground is certainly a breeding ground ....
Also because there is a large non-British population/immigrant (whichever is least offensive today), and as Sadiq Khan has rightfully said today, harbouring a vast number of unvaccinated people amongst their numbers. I'd expect it's a similar picture in many of our cities where there are similar populations.

Incidentally, what is really ****ing me off about Covid passes is that you've been told you have to have them to go to venues, make sure you do and then no-one even asks if you've got one. We had this at the Palace Theatre last weekend, had our tickets and our Covid passes ready and they only wanted to see the tickets. I actually asked if they wanted to see our passes and got told no!

Back