• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
I am still In shock at watching so called full time pros laying down and giving in without any courage or fight,Those players in front of 30000 home fans should have run through brick walls and shed blood for the cause instead they choked on every 50/50 ball,They stood and admired Crewe without getting stuck into them allowing Alex to look like world beaters.

What an effing letdown to lose in such a shabby manner.

Brown and his players should all be disgusted with themselves.

Bit harsh, Crewe dominated the first 10mins and scored, but after that it evened up. The second half we started badly again, but dominated for long periods. Unfortunately we didnt really have big periods of huge pressure that might have forced a goal.

Overall a middling performance, Ive seen worse this season.

Crewe are a very well run team and were favorites. Also they have just had a recent trip to Wembley and probably didn't suffer as much stage fright as our team, who you could tell were slightly nervous.

Whilst we didn't get the result, I believe a majority of supporters still had a fantastic day out, and a day out that you wouldn't of had if it wasn't for the team in the first place. So keep that in mind before you start slagging them off.

Crewe are a very well run team and were favorites. Also they have just had a recent trip to Wembley and probably didn't suffer as much stage fright as our team, who you could tell were slightly nervous.

Whilst we didn't get the result, I believe a majority of supporters still had a fantastic day out, and a day out that you wouldn't of had if it wasn't for the team in the first place. So keep that in mind before you start slagging them off.

Losing is one thing but losing without any fight is simply unforgivable,I have seen Sunday park players show more fight.

I have to say dispite the result I had a fantastic day out .Brown may have got things wrong but on the day I have to say the better team won .

Wow, you need some sugar to take the edge off that bitter tongue of yours, mrsblue!! Althought the result didn't go our way, I had a brilliant day out. To be honest, we played the exact way we've been playing for the last few weeks so not quite sure what you were expecting. Crewe are a very good side, we saw that last year and they deserved to win. Maybe you should go watch another team if you are that disgusted. I however will be there on Saturday watching my team who got to a Wembley cup final for the first time in their history. UTB

Not good, but if Brown learns a lesson from this, the poor proformance might be good in the long term. We cannot judge him until next season. Who he lets go and brings in and the results he obtains. He did not sign these players and he will be learning about their ability or lack of it quickly. They have fallen away badly, have a terrible home record, so there must be a reason. It appears that hard charactors and will to win are missing. The team mostly seems to get off to a slow start and does not impose it's collective will on the opposition. Football is about skill and tactics, but a bloodly minded attitude will to win is also worth having. :sad:

Losing is one thing but losing without any fight is simply unforgivable,I have seen Sunday park players show more fight.

I wouldnt go that far, we had a pretty good penalty shout turned down, and they cleared a couple off the line. With a bit more luck we could of had a couple goals ourselves....

Perhaps if Mosni hadn't played and Straker knew how to pass to his team mates we may have done a bit better:sad:

I wouldnt go that far, we had a pretty good penalty shout turned down, and they cleared a couple off the line. With a bit more luck we could of had a couple goals ourselves....
But that's three finals...6 against zero for us.......we can't keep hiding behind "poor decisions/luck"

A Referee that wasn't arfraid to make the correct decisions would have been helpful.

But that's three finals...6 against zero for us.......we can't keep hiding behind "poor decisions/luck"

Each time we got beaten by a team in the league above of course....

As for the original post, Im not sure there as anything wrong with the effort, just in the quality. Being unable to pass to a blue shirt for most of the game hurt us more than "passion".

There have been games where we've played exactly like we did in the final, yet managed to scrape a win, so yeah I think you need to a bit of luck on your side sometimes. Thats the difference between a Crewe player clearing the ball off the line, and it bouncing off him into the back of the net.

The first thing my brother spoke about when I got home yesterday evening, was the fact that we had two good shouts for penalties turned down and according to him, following one that was 'nailed on', they went up the other end and scored. However, having said that, I believe the best team won and sadly, on the day, the league difference between the two sides was often visible, especially from the point of view of technical skills.

My take as follows

Crewe were pretty good and we could have conceded 4 or 5

Having said that , I also believe that we could have scored 3 or 4 (excluding the penalty shouts)

I thought we looked a little "leggy" at times.(long season and and not such a young team as the opposition ?)

I also believe that Bilel and Straker had absolute horror shows

If promotion had come our way this season we would be facing teams like Crewe all the time next year.

We wouldn't last more than a season in those circs.

Altogether me and my family did something we never believed we would ever do.See the Blues at Wembley in a Cup Final and not be embarrassed by the outcome.

On another day we could have won it.
But that's what happens when you support The Blues-Bless 'Em

I managed to watch the match from my hospital bed, courtesy of NowTV. I, like so many, was inevitably disappointed with the result but could only acknowledge that the best team on the day won it. Yes a few decisions went against us and certain frailties on our part were evident. I am not so confident that a change of personnel or tactics would have made the result any different.

I do feel though, regardless of the tirade from mrsblue, that the team kept going and did try to take the fight to Crewe but on the day lacked the last bit of guile to unlock a well organised outfit.

I am sure the travelling fans had a great day and even us poor sods condemned to watching it on laptops, TV's etc had the opportunity to witness the occasion.

Never mind all. Lets look forward to the next time.

Allowing a decent team time to get their heads up and ping passes whilst completing triangles at will is not on,We all knew the game would be hard for us so the players in the opening 20 should have been in Crewes faces and allowing no time on the ball,That failure is the one thing I cannot stomach.

Back