• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cowboys Cut T.O.

Big news. Why didn't they trade TO rather than simply cut him?

After Haynesworth went to Washington, it wouldn't surprise me to see every big name free agent associated with them. Isn't Michael Vick apparently linked too after he is released from the big house? :D

Big news. Why didn't they trade TO rather than simply cut him?

After Haynesworth went to Washington, it wouldn't surprise me to see every big name free agent associated with them. Isn't Michael Vick apparently linked too after he is released from the big house? :D

I haven't heard anything linking the Skins to Owens yet, but it makes sense to me given their need for a compliment to Santana Moss, and the fact that I'm sure he'd love the chance to put one over on the Cowpukes by playing for their hated rivals.

I also haven't seen anything linking Vick to Washington, where did you see it Ant? I would love to see him playing for the Redskins, but the most likely destination seems to be Oakland from everything I've read.

I am convinced Vick will end up playing in Cleveland purely for the irony of playing infront of the dawg pound every other week...

I haven't heard anything linking the Skins to Owens yet, but it makes sense to me given their need for a compliment to Santana Moss, and the fact that I'm sure he'd love the chance to put one over on the Cowpukes by playing for their hated rivals.

I also haven't seen anything linking Vick to Washington, where did you see it Ant? I would love to see him playing for the Redskins, but the most likely destination seems to be Oakland from everything I've read.

Friend of mine here who is a Falcons fan said something about Washington. Have flicked around online and it seems there are some that want it to happen, but nothing has come out of the organisation itself...just good old fashioned off season speculation!! I agree on the Oakland link. I thought when the Cardinals were having a hiccup in resigning Warner they could be in for Vick too - but that is all sorted now with a 2 year deal for Kurt and his smoking hot wife.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-shouldnt-fear-michael-vick-is-here-hopefully

How is the salary cap for Washington atm? Do they have much room to get in another couple of big names?

Friend of mine here who is a Falcons fan said something about Washington. Have flicked around online and it seems there are some that want it to happen, but nothing has come out of the organisation itself...just good old fashioned off season speculation!! I agree on the Oakland link. I thought when the Cardinals were having a hiccup in resigning Warner they could be in for Vick too - but that is all sorted now with a 2 year deal for Kurt and his smoking hot wife.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-shouldnt-fear-michael-vick-is-here-hopefully

How is the salary cap for Washington atm? Do they have much room to get in another couple of big names?

Cap space is always a huge problem for the Skins - I didn't think they would be able to sign Haynesworth and Hall, but somehow they've managed it. They've also cut Shawn Springs and Jason Taylor - look for more to follow after the draft.

Interesting move.

The Cowboys reputedly offered a first round pick for Chad Johnson this time last year, I wonder if that offer might be repeated? The Bengals have just signed Laveranues Coles to replace TJ Houshmandzadeh as the WR with the unspellable name, who has gone to Seattle. As the Bengals drafted three WRs last year and said that because of that they didn't need to replace TJ, maybe Ocho-Cinco could be traded. Only thing is, what would Dallas be able to offer the Bungles, having already given away draft picks when they traded for Roy Williams.

I suppose the other want away WR would be Anaquin Bolden. The free agent WR market looks pretty thin now, although Amani Toomer or Marvin Harrison could be short-term options.

As for where TO ends up, who knows? I suppose Washington is one of the better shouts, subject to their cap space.

Vick still hasn't been cleared to play, so if he does go, I think it will be somewhere desperate as anyone else would want their QB to know their playbook. The Raiders looks a good fit then.

I am convinced Vick will end up playing in Cleveland purely for the irony of playing infront of the dawg pound every other week...

There's been some talk about Vick being picked up by a club like Miami that runs the 'Wildcat' offence from time to time. You know where I'm going with this, right?

Rumours going around also, are that Washington are trading their stadium for Larry Fitzgerald - And the team washing machine for Polamalu.

Back