• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cowdenbeath v Raith Rovers

Was in Edinburgh over the weekend so thought I'd go to the Fife derby.

Cracking game, with Cowdenbeath overcoming their more illustrious neighbours 1-0.

Anyone else been to Central Park? Cracking ground and surely the only one in the UK surrounded by a stock car racing track!!

I kid ye not! It's all about Scottish lower division football! :)

You should get to East Stirling's ground, where if you miss the goal at one end, the ball bounces off the wall of a Land Of Leather shop and back into play. It's twice as close to the pitch than our South Stand to the Roots Hall playing area.

been to a few in scotland. Albion Rovers being the worst. Saw Cowdenbeath play at Hampden Park against Queens Park the season before last, very strange 300 people in a 30,000 seater stadium.

I kid ye not! It's all about Scottish lower division football! :)

Exactly !!! where's the fun in following the results of Celtic or Rangers (unless, of course, you have a family or other particular reason for doing so)

Amongst my lot we have East Fife (top of the league, and having a laugh :D ) Partick (SUFCEssex) Queen of the South (Shrimptank) and Stranraer (Strutty) ... we also have Wardy who flirts between St. Johnstone, Ayr and Hearts ... typical Ward really ;)

Exactly !!! where's the fun in following the results of Celtic or Rangers (unless, of course, you have a family or other particular reason for doing so)

Amongst my lot we have East Fife (top of the league, and having a laugh :D ) Partick (SUFCEssex) Queen of the South (Shrimptank) and Stranraer (Strutty) ... we also have Wardy who flirts between St. Johnstone, Ayr and Hearts ... typical Ward really ;)

you don't have to be a scottish football club for Wardy to flirt with you.

Albion Rovers being the worst.

My local ground, with Clyde's Broadwood stadium being only a few hundred yards further the other way from my house.

I know what you mean though, some lower league Scottish grounds make Layer Road look like the Nou Camp. Falkirk's Brockville was my worst ever (not so much it was a dump, but the fact it was a dump that up until recently had staged top-flight football!!!)

when i went to Albion i saw Hamilton play Partick and they only opened up one side of the ground and made the game all ticket.

Only Scottish ground I've ever had the pleasure of going to was Inverness Caledonian Thistle's, I was surprised how poor it was considering they play in the SPL.

I went to Hibs vs Gretna and its was the biggest joke I have ever seen.

I played a better standard when I was 9.

The frist time i went to a scottish game Partick played Hibs in the SPL and i couldn't believe how poor the standard was. I've been to about 10 scottish games and just expect it now. How i wish i'd asked one of them for a trial when i was 16.

The frist time i went to a scottish game Partick played Hibs in the SPL and i couldn't believe how poor the standard was. I've been to about 10 scottish games and just expect it now. How i wish i'd asked one of them for a trial when i was 16.

I can't believe they were quite THAT poor :p

Anyone else been to Central Park? Cracking ground and surely the only one in the UK surrounded by a stock car racing track!!

A mate and I hitch hiked there from Sheffield as part of Uni Rag Week. My favourite Scottish team is Dumbarton and we decided to go wherever they were playing which happened to be Cowdenbeath.

Of course all the people giving us lifts thought we were mad and we turned up to probably the only B&B in Cowdenbeath late on Friday night and said we were there for the football, the owners assumed we were up to watch Hibs for some reason.

Cowdenbeath were very good as they gave us some money towards Rag Week and put our names in the programme, mentioning that I was an SUFC supporter and that at last I was seeing some proper football ! Despite their kindness, I was still fed up when they beat Dumbarton - attendance 320 for what was top v second at the time. I wonder if they have still have stock car racing there which we stayed on for and seemed to bring in far more people than the football.

I have been to 15 Scottish grounds, Peterhead being the bleakest but there are few nicer places to watch football than Ross County !

A mate and I hitch hiked there from Sheffield as part of Uni Rag Week. My favourite Scottish team is Dumbarton and we decided to go wherever they were playing which happened to be Cowdenbeath.

Of course all the people giving us lifts thought we were mad and we turned up to probably the only B&B in Cowdenbeath late on Friday night and said we were there for the football, the owners assumed we were up to watch Hibs for some reason.

Cowdenbeath were very good as they gave us some money towards Rag Week and put our names in the programme, mentioning that I was an SUFC supporter and that at last I was seeing some proper football ! Despite their kindness, I was still fed up when they beat Dumbarton - attendance 320 for what was top v second at the time. I wonder if they have still have stock car racing there which we stayed on for and seemed to bring in far more people than the football.

I have been to 15 Scottish grounds, Peterhead being the bleakest but there are few nicer places to watch football than Ross County !

Yes the stock car racing is still going strong, saw a fair few cars being driven through the town.

Glad to hear someone else had a similarly positive experience at Cowdenbeath.

I'm next hoping to tick off East Fife who I see play in the shadow of a huge nuclear power station in the pictoresque town of Methil (which always reminds me of the Proclaimers song - A letter from America). :)

Cowdenbeath were very good as they gave us some money towards Rag Week and put our names in the programme, mentioning that I was an SUFC supporter and that at last I was seeing some proper football!

I arranged with Queens Park to have my kids photo in the programme in SUFC shirts and they gave us all inc the blues a good mention.

I'm next hoping to tick off East Fife who I see play in the shadow of a huge nuclear power station in the pictoresque town of Methil (which always reminds me of the Proclaimers song - A letter from America). :)

Lucky you !!!! East Fife are my adopted Scottish team, and i'm hoping one day i'll get to see them play

Back