• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Craig Davidson

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers šŸ¤ ā­
Does anybody have any information on Craig Davidson. Looking at SUFCDB it appears he only played for the Club once as a substitute in the League Cup, but thought there maybe someone on here with more information.

I know he is more well known for his time at Canvey Island.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Still playing now tho for tag vets team along with paul smith, another old southend chap:thumbsup:

Hearing his name makes me fume. I was all set to play left back for Billericay Town in the FA Cup 1st round proper around 20 years ago , told all my mates to watch match of the day etc etc then the night before the big match John Kendal decided to buy Craig Davidson. He played , i didnt . We lost. Gutted.
In all fairness he was a decent player with a big reputation for that level but the disappointment for me personally was massive.

Hearing his name makes me fume. I was all set to play left back for Billericay Town in the FA Cup 1st round proper around 20 years ago , told all my mates to watch match of the day etc etc then the night before the big match John Kendal decided to buy Craig Davidson. He played , i didnt . We lost. Gutted.
In all fairness he was a decent player with a big reputation for that level but the disappointment for me personally was massive.
start playing vets football and you might just get that chance to give him that kick that you owe him eh, I'm hoping to come up against him in one of the vets finals if he plays:thumbsup:

Youth team player and neo-pro who didn't make the grade.

I assume he came through the youth team, made one appearance in the League Cup from the bench and then was released at the end of the season then yeah?

I assume he came through the youth team, made one appearance in the League Cup from the bench and then was released at the end of the season then yeah?

Something along those lines, yes.

Same sort of era as Michael Gozangue and Jamie Southon - post Spinner/Edinburgh/A. Edwards/Paul Smith (and the slightly later but less famous Scott Ashenden and Steve Brown) but before Declan Perkins, Leo Roget and Trevor Fitzpatrick.

Back