• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Craig Fagan would have Colin Calderwood as assistant if he is named Southend United boss

That would be an brave move, but am wise choice, as Calderwood won two promotion from League 2 with Northampton & League 1 with Forest, plus good CV as number 2.

We were only forced to shop in Scotland because our reputation in football circles meant nobody playing in England wanted to come to us.

Happy with that as long as he doesn't start bring more players from Scottish clubs down here. Had enough of them already.
Given that the Scottish signings had a pre-season run by Kevin Bond it's a bit unfair to assume them coming from Scotland was the issue rather than our training methods.

The biggest knock on Fagan is his lack of experience. Calderwood doesn't lack that.

A strange article to run at this time isn't it? I'd be annoyed if a candidate for a job I was appointing revealed details to the press, especially concerning an established figure within the game like Calderwood, it could steal the thunder of an announcement appointing Currie and Lewis whose experience pales in comparison with Calderwood's.

A strange article to run at this time isn't it? I'd be annoyed if a candidate for a job I was appointing revealed details to the press, especially concerning an established figure within the game like Calderwood, it could steal the thunder of an announcement appointing Currie and Lewis whose experience pales in comparison with Calderwood's.

It’s only been run because it’s what was reported by the Sky Sports reporter.

That would be an brave move, but am wise choice, as Calderwood won two promotion from League 2 with Northampton & League 1 with Forest, plus good CV as number 2.

You can see why Craig Fagan has impressed a lot of people inside the club. His choice of a number 2 is shrewd and shows excellent judgement on his part. It looks like a well-balanced management team that brings together drive, ambition, people skills, organisation, knowledge, and experience.

Reactions: GBJ
[/QUOT

This could be a calculated move. If the Chairman and Darren Currie are haggling over things like Curries' number 2 or the identity of players Currie wants to bring in, Craig Fagan may be sending a message indirectly that his team is ready to go and will hit the ground running.

Reactions: GBJ
This has to be the weirdest stories ever.

Do ron and fagan even talk? Where the hell has calderwood come from? Would he want the job? Would ron pay him? Who on earth talks about there prospective no.2 to a local newspaper without even being hired? Is this supposed to impress ron? Us?

Jeebus cant we just be a normal football club for 5 minutes!

This has to be the weirdest stories ever.

Do ron and fagan even talk? Where the hell has calderwood come from? Would he want the job? Would ron pay him? Who on earth talks about there prospective no.2 to a local newspaper without even being hired? Is this supposed to impress ron? Us?

Jeebus cant we just be a normal football club for 5 minutes!

He hasn’t spoken to the local newspaper about it. It was Sky Sports that broke the story and The Echo have picked it up after.

[
He hasn’t spoken to the local newspaper about it. It was Sky Sports that broke the story and The Echo have picked it up after.

Maybe I am missing something but I cannot see why this story is strange. By most accounts, Craig Fagan and Darren Currie are in a close contest for the Southend job. And while it is widely expected that Currie will want to bring his assistant manager from Barnet with him if he is offered the job, Fagan is probably trying to counter lack of experience argument by letting people know beyond the Chairman he knows exactly who he wants to bring in if he is appointed.

[

Maybe I am missing something but I cannot see why this story is strange. By most accounts, Craig Fagan and Darren Currie are in a close contest for the Southend job. And while it is widely expected that Currie will want to bring his assistant manager from Barnet with him if he is offered the job, Fagan is probably trying to counter lack of experience argument by letting people know beyond the Chairman he knows exactly who he wants to bring in if he is appointed.

Nope I don’t think it’s strange either, I find it odd we’ve had to wait so long to find out who he would have as his assistant.

Back