• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
Apparently according to todays Echo Brown is attempting to bring him in with a view to a trial against Braintee/West Ham. No indication of whether it will happen.

Unfortunately he hasn't scored 50 goals over the last 3 seasons.....

I have just read this on Wikpedia

'In total, Mackail-Smith scored 10 goals for Brighton, and he revealed his disappointment at his goal haul, which he largely put down to adapting to Brighton's passing style of football.'

Read into that what you think....:smile:

I'd be very happy if we managed to bring him in. He's impressed whilst on trial at Luton and looked very sharp. Hopefully he'll prefer a season in league 1 with us.

Played the full 90 minutes for Luton in their friendly last night so doubt he'd be ready for another game today or even tomorrow. However he does seem to be getting glowing reports for his performances for them.

Not really reproduced his form at Posh anywhere else. Not someone I warm to but as usual, happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Deffo the sort of player we needed at League 1 level, it's be interesting to see how he do Vs **** Ham, if they played like last night, we will beat them if we put our chances away!

Would love to see him at SUFC, I believe he would certainly score goals at League 1 Level and certainly too good to dip down to League 2.
He really was an instinctive finisher at Dagenham and Posh and believe he would be a great link with Mooney.

Would definitely be keen to get him in on trial and see what he can do.

CMS would be a very good signing if fit. An excellent finisher who has played all of his football in the Championship in recent years. Hope he comes in on trial and performs well enough to be offered a deal!

Well worth a look, although I think we may be late to the party on this one.

The last two seasons he was in League one he scored 23 and 27 goals. That's a pretty good return. However, just because he has done it before doesn't mean he'll be able to do it again.

It is promising though.

How would people feel about the grandfather of his child attending?

I don't see why he would be a better punt than Barnard to be honest, similar situation, career stalled and if he's done so well on trial at Luton why haven't they moved quickly to sign him up ?

I don't see why he would be a better punt than Barnard to be honest, similar situation, career stalled and if he's done so well on trial at Luton why haven't they moved quickly to sign him up ?

Probably because he might be keeping his options open, i.e waiting for a League 1 side to come in for him maybe. For all we know there may well be an offer on the table from Luton, but if we were to offer him something similar he prob would rather play league 1 than 2

Southend United manager Phil Brown wants ex Brighton & Hove Albion striker Craig Mack

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown is attempting to bring former Brighton & Hove Albion striker Craig Mackail-Smith to the club on trial.

More...

Back