• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I Hope the surgeon has an off day and the operation is a failure and Harry can never play football again. All the best for the future H.

You are Davewebbsbrain and I claim my £5.00.

The thing is, I would never want harm on anyone. I merely made the comment that the lad needs a footballing brain, as he doesn't posses one. That isn't wanting him to come to harm. You really aren't thinking before you post.

I hope Harry does continue playing, but I don't the football league is a level he is capable at.

Basically we are on the up and up as a team and club. Only weakness is that we have 3 or 4 back up strikers who can't score.
I think we all realize that when Dicko or Harris get injured or banned, our central defender Mohsni will play up front or on the wing to provide for the lone striker. But if Mohsni gets injured or banned at the same time, we are up the creek.
So yes, obviously these players need to move on, to bring in strikers that can score. I would maybe give Asante 1 more year, as he has a bit about him, that suggests he could develop into a good striker.

Its not that easy to get in another striker. There are many factors in it. If a striker is amongst the goals his club will be playing him and will only sell him for money. If we loan one his parent club expects him to start in most matches which will push all our other strikers down the pecking order. A decent striker will also cost lots of wages, and a decent striker along with Harris and Dickinson do not want to sit on the bench. We have 2 decent strikers that are fit at the moment with Corr unlucky to be out for a while, Sturrock not amoungst the goals but helps create them and is something different. Hall and Mohsni as emergency. Most other clubs in our division would kill to have the forward options we have. Yes Crawford and Asante are not the best at the moment and are not 20 goals a season but both are still very young and have time on their hands to improve, they are on very low wages and fit in the wage budget. Also it sends out the wrong signals to just ditch them, when we want to get these youths in at a young age we need to show them that hard work will get them a pro deal, if we just release players like Crawford and Asante any youths will reject us and sign for other clubs where they feel they may get a pro deal.

Back