• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
This may not be Prosser's best ever week. Three days after horribly mis-kicking for Saturday's decisive own goal, he is confronted with a referee who has booked him 5 times in 4 matches !

Tomorrow's referee is Tim Robinson from Bognor Regis (not to be confused with the cricket umpire of the same name). Having brought to an end the long, long unbeaten run with Kettle in charge, time perhaps to bring to an end our failure to win with Robinson in charge!

He is in his fourth season as a League referee and had been progressing reasonably well, however the Championship appointments (always a good guide to how a ref is rated by the powers that be) dried up last season as his card count soared. This season his card count remains sky high, 49 yellows and a red from 10 matches.

His first appearance at Roots Hall was also his first ever League match for our 1-0 home defeat to Accrington at the start of 2012/13. A forgettable match, like most of Sturrock's home games that season (and many more since!). He cautioned Prosser and a couple of theirs and whilst he wasn't wonderful, he was okay.

An improvement was evident in the second Southend match he refereed, the drawn home match with Bristol Rovers early 2013/14 when I thought he had a very good match. He cautioned 4 of theirs and for us, again, Prosser. Prosser was actually very lucky his yellow wasn't a red !

His first Southend away match was also 2013/14 at Plymouth for the 1-1 draw there, with just two cautions for Plymouth and none for us.

Then his most recent Southend match away at Northampton last season (1-1 again). A bit of a cardfest with 8 yellows and that red for Prosser.

Then came last season's home match, which we nearly won but finished up drawing 2-2 with Wycombe. Two yellows apiece, ours to White and, inevitably, Prosser.

Assistants are Andrew Aylott from Kempston in Bedfordshire (which was noted for being the largest village in England until they made it a town) and Carl Brook from St Leonards-on-Sea in East Sussex. Ryan T Atkin from London is Fourth Official.

Clumsy,Cheap,Clueless....there are plenty of C words (no not that one)to describe poor Plodder but not Dirty.It 's just not fair that this ref keeps booking him for lack of ability.

To be fair I only have to look at Prosser warming up and I find myself shouting "off, off,off" so I am the ref on this one.

Some of you really do know how to support our players don't you! :angry:

Don't really think you really are Southend fans but are the enemy in disguise.

You're right, he is back-up when everyone is fit and I am fine with that. He shows passion and what he lacks in ability he makes up for in 110% effort, commitment and desire. The bloke has come on leaps and bounds since he first joined and for that I commend him. Blame the defenders for conceding or blame the midfield and attackers for not creating / scoring, swings and roundabouts.

I may have missed the point here, but isn't this thread about the match referee for the Crawley game? Prosser, good or bad, ain't the ref!!!

The Northampton game, 1-1 and Luke's red was a very poorly officiated game but more by the east side lino; however this Robinson was a real homer and often far behind the play: mind you Luke was caught out and a bit silly too.:'(

so sounds like it will be a cardfest then or to bring down this refs average it will go the other way
Ref may well decide to ignore bookings
Nothing in between - which should make for an interesting match one way or t'other

Prosser didn't really put a foot wrong so there was literally nothing to book him for. Ref did ok.

Ref had an ok'ish game, the bookings (for them and Wordsworth) were very simple and correct.
He did seem partial to not allowing any quickly taken free kicks, and from my view a few of the 2nd half corners, for them, ought to have been goal kicks.
Luke did have a bit of a 1st half, off ball, wrestle with Barney which the lino ought to have seen which could have been trouble: but on a very wet and in places sodden pitch the officials did enough right not to affect a fair result on the balance of play.

Back