• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperian

Coach
Not sure if anyone has posted this question before.........I will be on 17.47 out of London Bridge to Crawley tonight, does anybody know how far the walk to the ground is? Also, any ideas for pubs before the match?

Don't think the ground is anywhere near Crawley station. You can get buses to the stadium from Gatwick Airport, which is what we're planning to do...

Crawley station is just over a mile away from the stadium. You can either take a taxi (about £6), or from the bus station across the road, you can take a Fastway number 10 bus to the ground (this runs every ten minutes). Otherwise it is about a twenty minute walk.

As you come out of the station turn left and walk down to the T-junction. At the junction turn left into Brighton Road. Keep walking straight down Brighton Road for just under a mile and at its end turn right. You should now be able to see the stadium in the distance behind the traffic island. Use the underpass to cross the A23 to the ground.

Im on that train aswell. im thinking of walkingg from station to the ground, looked at the map and its one straight road, cant go wrong or its a ten quid taxi ride, so either one will do me.

Google directions gives 1.1 miles. Station is just off High Street, so pubs shouldn't be a problem, though the ground is in the opposite direction. I guess its 20 mins max. to walk from High Street pub to ground. Good luck.

found the directions to the ground from the station on the football grounds website......it is pretty straightforward and takes about 20 minutes. Only problem is, it doesnt look like there are any pubs anywhere near the ground........if I pass one en route from station I might have to take some sustenance!

Lads,

Its a simple walk from the station past a few some what grotty pubs. Come out the station turn left and then walk along the road untl you come to a rail away cross roads. Cross over the tracks and folow that road pretty much all the way along.

Its a twenty mins walk at most past two that I can think of pubs.

Not seen Crawley for a few years since Evans took over but used to go a lot and its a simple walk and the pubs whilst crap wont offer any hostility unless its changed a lot. Crawley is a total toilet so be warned.

Lads,

Its a simple walk from the station past a few some what grotty pubs. Come out the station turn left and then walk along the road untl you come to a rail away cross roads. Cross over the tracks and folow that road pretty much all the way along.

Its a twenty mins walk at most past two that I can think of pubs.

Not seen Crawley for a few years since Evans took over but used to go a lot and its a simple walk and the pubs whilst crap wont offer any hostility unless its changed a lot. Crawley is a total toilet so be warned.

I'm making my season debut today Dave, where are you likely to be and what sort of time. I'm leaving home about 2.30 so would expect to be in Crawley around 4.30-5pm.

I'm making my season debut today Dave, where are you likely to be and what sort of time. I'm leaving home about 2.30 so would expect to be in Crawley around 4.30-5pm.

Its a simple drive mate and you can normally park at the ground.

I will be in one of the pubs on route from the station. Sadly the names escape me. Will PM you my number and if your fancy a beer come and join us. I will be there from about 5pm.

Cheers Al.
Dave

Back