• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Tonight's referee is Pat Miller of Bedfordshire. A referee in his 7th season, it will be his fifth Southend match - the last being last season's home draw with Bury (2 yellows apiece). His previous appearances include three seasons ago 1-0 home wins against both Leeds and Northampton. The other one was the home draw with Swansea four seasons ago.

Not a referee I like very much and he alternates between average performances and absolute shockers. A short, short-haired and, sometimes, slightly fussy official, his card count is usually high, but this season it's on the low side with no red cards yet.

Assisting will be Geoff Russell from Northampton and Army Sgt Declan Ford from Leicestershire with local Nick Kinseley as 4th Official.

Tonight's referee is Pat Miller of Bedfordshire. A referee in his 7th season, it will be his fifth Southend match - the last being last season's home draw with Bury (2 yellows apiece). His previous appearances include three seasons ago 1-0 home wins against both Leeds and Northampton. The other one was the home draw with Swansea four seasons ago.

Not a referee I like very much and he alternates between average performances and absolute shockers. A short, short-haired and, sometimes, slightly fussy official, his card count is usually high, but this season it's on the low side with no red cards yet.

Assisting will be Geoff Russell from Northampton and Army Sgt Declan Ford from Leicestershire with local Nick Kinseley as 4th Official.

You warned us Mick !

Thought he was actually pretty good overall, let the game flow, didn't notice him much. Had a few big decisions to make (our penalty, booking their player for diving in the box, Dickinson's red card) but from where I was he got them right. Should've sent Evans or his loudmouth assistant to the stands though.

Thought he was one of the better ones we've seen recently, only wrong decision for me was Dickinson's red.

Thought he was one of the better ones we've seen recently, only wrong decision for me was Dickinson's red.

I was pretty close to the incident and I wouldn't say that the red card decision was 'wrong' - every single person around me was saying that they thought Dicko would be walking before the card came out. However, if the ref had chosen to book him instead then I don't think that would have been a wrong decision either...

Back