• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pretty much the easiest win I have seen. Crawley were woeful and I would struggle to think of many worse sides. I can recall Bentley making maybe two "saves" all game but all was very routine.

We played well across the side. Deegan, Coker and Pig were the pick of the side for me but everyone did what they had to do. Both Piggots goals were good efforts but I feel a decent keeper would have stopped them both. Mooney deserves a mention for a clever through ball for the third.

White looked hungry for a performance and gave his all getting stuck in a fair bit.

Support was good given it was so wet and a pretty pointless match. Dont think we can take too much from the game other than it was a good run out and we got no injuries.

Pretty much the easiest win I have seen. Crawley were woeful and I would struggle to think of many worse sides. I can recall Bentley making maybe two "saves" all game but all was very routine.

We played well across the side. Deegan, Coker and Pig were the pick of the side for me but everyone did what they had to do. Both Piggots goals were good efforts but I feel a decent keeper would have stopped them both. Mooney deserves a mention for a clever through ball for the third.

White looked hungry for a performance and gave his all getting stuck in a fair bit.

Support was good given it was so wet and a pretty pointless match. Dont think we can take too much from the game other than it was a good run out and we got no injuries.

Not quite no injuries: Wordsworth defo injury; and just before half time Luke was holding his hamstring and counting time down for the break; I thought he was going to be subbed but he seemed fine 2nd half.

Unfortunately I have already been told otherwise.

Not quite no injuries: Wordsworth defo injury; and just before half time Luke was holding his hamstring and counting time down for the break; I thought he was going to be subbed but he seemed fine 2nd half.

It wouldn't surprise me if he took the view that as he is consistently being selected then anything he picks up doesn't hurt.

370 is a superb turnout adding factors of Tuesday night with awful weather!

Good performance just a shame it was not a league game,

No, we don't want to be playing League Two teams like Crawley in the League again any time soon.

What I mean it's ashame that we have not pulled out a performance in the league like that for awhile

Certainly is, but Crawley were far worse than anything we get to face in this league. Was that even their first team?

Certainly is, but Crawley were far worse than anything we get to face in this league. Was that even their first team?

It wasn't their first choice keeper, I know that much. He's away with the England 19's

Let's get this a little into perspective; Crawley are near the bottom of L2 and for me, their party is over. They have been punching above their weight for too long and it will be back into the National League before too long.

It is a long, long time since I have seen us dominate a team as we did in the first half tonight. We should have been 4 or 5 up, no problem. At times they were statues as we passed the ball from left to right. Good opening goal, great passing and moving, superb pass by Wordsworth, cool finish by Weston.

Having watched the highlights the movement seems to be mainly their defence parting like the Red Sea. I haven't seen that much space since the Hubble telescope images were shown.

Not that I'm shedding any tears for them but what's gone wrong at Crawley? Have they lost their rich backers or something?

Like you say, who gives a monkeys? I put them in the same bracket as Burton TBH - once Hasslebank departs and a few key players follow then watch the Brewers droop!
You can't sustain success with tin pot support and that is what is happening to Crawley - I'm sorry to say because it is so irrational, but I still associate the club with the infamous Evans so I shed no tears for them whatsoever.

Never been a fan of Crawley as they are one of the teams that buy their way into the league.

They are just returning to their natural level.

Like you say, who gives a monkeys? I put them in the same bracket as Burton TBH - once Hasslebank departs and a few key players follow then watch the Brewers droop!
You can't sustain success with tin pot support and that is what is happening to Crawley - I'm sorry to say because it is so irrational, but I still associate the club with the infamous Evans so I shed no tears for them whatsoever.

I understand what you are saying - but any local supporting Crawley is no different to a local supporting Southend so I find it hard to understand why there is the need to call the support "tin pot".

They (Crawley) have done well (judging by their league position) over the last few years - didn't we have Simpson prefer to join them rather than stay with us? - so I can't see how "we" can pretend to be all high and mighty. :'(

And football would be so much duller without the football pyramid and the ability of clubs to go all the way up and back down again. So what is there to be disrespectful about?

I understand what you are saying - but any local supporting Crawley is no different to a local supporting Southend so I find it hard to understand why there is the need to call the support "tin pot".

They (Crawley) have done well (judging by their league position) over the last few years - didn't we have Simpson prefer to join them rather than stay with us? - so I can't see how "we" can pretend to be all high and mighty. :'(

And football would be so much duller without the football pyramid and the ability of clubs to go all the way up and back down again. So what is there to be disrespectful about?

Because they were throwing money at everyone to buy themselves promotion to the league.

Because they were throwing money at everyone to buy themselves promotion to the league.
But you wouldn't complain if some backers came to Southend and did the same here then and bought us a place in the premier league ?:smile:

Not forgetting the fact that they spent their way to promotion at our expense in 2012. Surely that is the key reason we should all dislike them.

But you wouldn't complain if some backers came to Southend and did the same here then and bought us a place in the premier league ?:smile:

Of course not, but we couldn't complain when people used it against us either.

Crawley are where they are due to being financed above their weight, its only a temporary solution though hence they are where they are.

No need to get yourself too worked up is there? We mention attendances many times on these boards and I maintain that teams like Burton and Crawley are poorly supported clubs and their success will be limited because of it.
We can pull over 10 thousand in at Roots Hall for big games and probably more if the ground permitted so I don't consider it being "high and mighty" to suggest we are a bigger club.
Tin Pot maybe a bit offensive so sorry about that.

Back