• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ok we were both right here are the rules:-

Full Strength Team Policy
Each club must include in its starting line-up at least six of the eleven players who started the Club fixture immediately preceding or following the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy tie.

Alternatively, a Club must include in its starting line-up at least six of the eleven players who have made the most starting appearances in League and domestic cup competitions during the season so far.

So you could make loads of changes but they would all have to start the next League match. I doubt many managers have ever done that as it would severely restrict team selection for the following game.

So the 11 players with the most starts this season are:

Bentley, Leonard (11), Mooney, Coker (10), Timlin, Worrall (9), Barratt (8), Bolger, White (7), Piggott, Prosser, Deegan (5)

if you go for the starting XI method instead then swap in O'Neill for Barratt (as we would have to because of injury) so that effectively means 6 of Saturday's starting XI need to start tomorrow night or Brown will have to make some sweeping changes for Saturday.

I would suggest the following team for tomorrow night (bringing in 5 who didn't start on Saturday - highlighted).

Bentley

O'Neill Bolger Rea Coker

Deegan

Atkinson Wordsworth Payne Weston

Mooney​

Id go with :

Bentley
White Bolger Prosser Coker

Worrall Wordsworth Timlin Weston

Mooney Williams

Maybe just for a laugh we could play the 11 that started at Burton, but in completely different positions.
Bentley up front - perhaps one change from Saturday could be Payne taking on the Keepers jersey.

Jesting aside though, I'd play the strongest side available and try to progress. I don't get the concept of not trying your hardest to win games.

For all those going, don't forget to keep your tickets/stubbs so that when we get to Wembley you can get priority allocation of tickets.

Shouldn't need to rest players at this stage of the season. Can't stand Crawley so hoping we play a full strength side (a couple of changes at most) and hammer them! Although a hammering for us would be 2-0

in the 3 match meetings, we have won 1 / drew 1 / lost 1. negative is that we have never beaten them in those meetings at their place, however the positive is they have never beaten us in the JPT.. Therefore im going with a 2-0 win for Southend, followed by them getting thrashed by B'orient at the weekend and costing their manager his job!!

#Happy days!
UTB!!
:happy:

I'm in the "let's do all we can to win this game but not pick up injuries or silly bookings/red cards" camp.

Winning is a nice habit to get into ........ and having lost at Burton I feel the manager should be looking to put out a competitive side.

Having said that, this is a good chance for players who have been on the bench to get some time playing - so I would go for a number changes. Good use of subs will gives another opportunity for "non first XI players" to get on the pitch as well.

Crawley won't be a push over - after all we (Southend) beat a number of teams from the higher division when we were in Division 4.

I'd expect us to put out a strong side but with some changes. I think Teddy Smith will start, maybe White come back in, Rea to get a start, along with at least one of Wordsworth or Payne and Atkinson will probably get a game too. Hopefully see Williams & McLaughlin off the bench.

Drastic™;1792759 said:
I'd expect us to put out a strong side but with some changes. I think Teddy Smith will start, maybe White come back in, Rea to get a start, along with at least one of Wordsworth or Payne and Atkinson will probably get a game too. Hopefully see Williams & McLaughlin off the bench.

Ted Smith is on international duty in Germany with England.

Drastic™;1792759 said:
McLaughlin is playing for the under 21s tomorrow so won't be involved.

So, McLaughlin, Thompson, Hurst, Ted Smith on international duties....Barrett, Hunt carrying injuries...anymore walking wounded ?

There cannot be many changes PB can really hope to make other than midfield.

Gk - Bentley
DF - White, O'Neill,Coker, Bolger, Prosser, Rea
MD - Atkinson, Lenny, Timlin, Worrall, Weston, Payne, Bridge, Deegan, Wordsworh
AT - Piggy, Mooney, Hunt, Williams

Williams not playing for U21's today so assume he will be included.

Thompson/McLaughlin both playing though so they wont be.

There cannot be many changes PB can really hope to make other than midfield.

Gk - Bentley
DF - White, O'Neill,Coker, Bolger, Prosser, Rea
MD - Atkinson, Lenny, Timlin, Worrall, Weston, Payne, Bridge, Deegan, Wordsworh
AT - Piggy, Mooney, Hunt, Williams

Bridge playing for U-21 s.

Almost time to leave the Essex Riviera en route to Creepy; I do hope the M25 is good.
UTB!
Onwards to Wembley.:happy::loyalsupporter:

Back