• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
We start on our quest for another Wembley appearance against the Creepies on Tuesday. Some will welcome it, others want us out of it asap. I'm in the want it camp, I don't think I could ever tire of watching the team walk out at Wembley.

Anyway, what team will Phil put out on Tuesday? My guess is that Bolger and Rea will be our centre backs and White back in at RB if he is fit, and Teddy maybe in goal. The rest is anybody's guess. Thoughts anyone?

Ted in goal is a real possibility. and also I agree that JW will be back and also other "non-starters" deserve some game time BUT then how much do we want towin the cup/Wembley/settled side?
Ted Smith.
JW, Rea, Thommo, Cokes
Kevan, Wordy, Atko, Westy,
Payne
Williams

A bit of a risky "Wenger" style League Cup team but the stage would be theirs.

As I remember it is a small but snug bar at the end of the only stand but with a very small crowd of 757 qith 132 Shrimpers we should have a pleasant evening (M25 being well).

Not made it to Crawley before so this will be our first visit. Any advice on parking would be welcome!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ted start this one and would also hope to see JW back in the side.

Weston may get a start and one of our young guns up top macca if now fit afterhis illness could also get a game

I don't know if this is true but I hard someone say last year, when we played afc Wimbledon, that there is a cap on how many players you can change from your previous league match. Doesn't sound true but I don't remember us changing the team too much last year, mad Max and Payne were the only ones I can remember. But I guess the lack of change is probably more about Ron wanting a cup run than a cap on the amount of players.

Ted in goal is a real possibility. and also I agree that JW will be back and also other "non-starters" deserve some game time BUT then how much do we want towin the cup/Wembley/settled side?
Ted Smith.
JW, Rea, Thommo, Cokes
Kevan, Wordy, Atko, Westy,
Payne
Williams

A bit of a risky "Wenger" style League Cup team but the stage would be theirs.

As I remember it is a small but snug bar at the end of the only stand but with a very small crowd of 757 qith 132 Shrimpers we should have a pleasant evening (M25 being well).

Hurst is still injured, I would rather we "went for it" as opposed to playing players for the sake of it.

I think Ted Smith is with the England U20 squad from today, so is surely unable to play at Crawley on Tuesday?

Creepy are in big trouble in the league and will be fearful of the drop to the Conference; this maybe a very good time to play them.

I don't know if this is true but I hard someone say last year, when we played afc Wimbledon, that there is a cap on how many players you can change from your previous league match. Doesn't sound true but I don't remember us changing the team too much last year, mad Max and Payne were the only ones I can remember. But I guess the lack of change is probably more about Ron wanting a cup run than a cap on the amount of players.

Yep for the JPT I think you have to play 6 first team regulars. But I'm not sure how it's worked out.

Not made it to Crawley before so this will be our first visit. Any advice on parking would be welcome!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ted start this one and would also hope to see JW back in the side.

Plenty of free street parking. I think we parked just off the Brighton Road just North of the ground last time. Should be loads of space as I doubt the crowd will be much over 1,000.

Parking should be fairly easy in the industrial units close to the ground, they are signposted. The K2 leisure centre is opposite the ground but often employs security on match days. Redz bar is the place to drink although whilst they have hand pumps none function. Buy your ticket as soon as you arrive to avoid queues. Good opportunity to see Matt Harrold, Lee Barnard and if fit Gavin Tomlin.
quickest way to ground is to travel down M23 till horsham turn off then back along A 23. Best avoid driving through town. The best pubs are in the country villages a short drive from the ground.

Parking should be fairly easy in the industrial units close to the ground, they are signposted. The K2 leisure centre is opposite the ground but often employs security on match days. Redz bar is the place to drink although whilst they have hand pumps none function. Buy your ticket as soon as you arrive to avoid queues. Good opportunity to see Matt Harrold, Lee Barnard and if fit Gavin Tomlin.
quickest way to ground is to travel down M23 till horsham turn off then back along A 23. Best avoid driving through town. The best pubs are in the country villages a short drive from the ground.

Knowing our luck, one of those old geezers will stick one in the net for the Creepies.

Ted Smith (if he's not on international duty),
White, Rea, Prosser, Coker,
Worrall, Leonard, Atkinson, Weston,
Payne,
Mooney
Subs: Bentley(/P Smith if Ted's away), O'Neill, Bolger, McLaughlin, Timlin, Williams, Pigott

Bit of rotation to give some game time to those who've been lacking it, especially Payne and Atkinson, and a chance from the start for White, Rea and Weston. Would hope we'd take the game to them and aim to progress.

Payne,
Mooney
Subs: Bentley(/P Smith if Ted's away), O'Neill, Bolger, McLaughlin, Timlin, Williams, Pigott

Bit of rotation to give some game time to those who've been lacking it, especially Payne and Atkinson, and a chance from the start for White, Rea and Weston. Would hope we'd take the game to them and aim to progress.
Quite like that team.

Think we definitely need to give Payne some game time in this one.

Payne,
Mooney

If the ruling does exist you have to have 6 players from the last league game in then that doesnt quite meet it.

You are only allowed 5 U-boats in the JPT IIRC:unsure:

If the ruling does exist you have to have 6 players from the last league game in then that doesnt quite meet it.

I think its a bit more complicated than just the last league game. Its something like your 6 most used players over a set number of games. Will try a quick search to see what the actual rules are.

Loads at the ground if you get there at a decent time. £5 from memory.

Personally looking forward to this. Nice and local for me plus dont really care about the outcome.

LDV only worth entering if you make the final four in my opinion. Also think it detracts from the league as we can as we know get injuries and all I care about is L1 status. I would personally try and give a few lads a run out in this one that havent played too much and count it as a free hit.

Back