• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1st goal, how lucky is that, bloody 'ell. The biggest bobble ever, flies in the top corner.
2nd, probably is a penalty, still harsh in my opinion!
3rd, comes off the Chris Barker's back.

I said it was the worst performance I've ever seen but after watching those goals I feel like we were a bit unlucky with a couple of deflected shots we had, could have flown in the back of the net. But NOOO we are Southend and life literally hates the club and all of it's supporters!

1st goal, how lucky is that, bloody 'ell. The biggest bobble ever, flies in the top corner.

Certainly paints it in a different light, they deserved to beat us but each of their goals had a large slice of luck and up close the penalty is very harsh - especially with a yellow for it too.

I said it was the worst performance I've ever seen but after watching those goals I feel like we were a bit unlucky with a couple of deflected shots we had, could have flown in the back of the net. But NOOO we are Southend and life literally hates the club and all of it's supporters!

You lucky, lucky *******.

LOL. Not lucky and old enough to witness 8-1 losses away from home...
This is going by my 14 seasons!

The last 14 seasons has seen, amongst others:
*Losing to bottom of the Conference Doncaster, at home
*Losing 5-0 at Carlisle (or was that 15 years ago?)
*Keith Dublin
*The entire Alvin Martin era, for that matter
*The Alan Little bore fest
*The Steve Wignall era, including that 2-0 defeat at home to Boston
*Drewe Broughton
*Two seasons ago when the players had given up by November

Tuesday's game counts as light relief in comparison.

Before the pen Bilel should have wellied the ball into touch, not attempt to play it clever. That was an occasion when hoofball was clearly needed. Barker had won the first challenge on Tubbs fairly according to Peter Walton, whatever the BBC commentator may say.

Before the pen Bilel should have wellied the ball into touch, not attempt to play it clever. That was an occasion when hoofball was clearly needed. Barker had won the first challenge on Tubbs fairly according to Peter Walton, whatever the BBC commentator may say.

Harsh of me to say as he'd just come on - but I said EXACTLY this last week - that his 'confidence' would cost us a goal by doing something 'flash'.

Ok, he didnt exactly cruyff turn - but I'd rather Prosser had picked it up there and lumped it 60 yards into touch (cue everyone groaning from the stands), but at 1-0, we are still in it - 2-0 kills us.

*Losing 5-0 at Carlisle (or was that 15 years ago?)
*Keith Dublin
*The entire Alvin Martin era, for that matter
*The Alan Little bore fest
*The Steve Wignall era, including that 2-0 defeat at home to Boston*Drewe Broughton
*Two seasons ago when the players had given up by November

Tuesday's game counts as light relief in comparison.

I still feel the pain of the "Boston Game"...I need to let it go!

What this clip also shows is that it might have been an entirely different outcome if one of Dickinson's efforts and one of Hall's had gone in. We did start quite brightly but if you don't take those chances...........

You could have just stopped there, to be honest. I couldn't speak with rage and depression for a good hour after that game. That afternoon we witnessed the most gutless, spinless wasters ever to shame the blue shirt.

Tuesday's defeat barely registers on the scale compared to the Donny horror-show.

You could have just stopped there, to be honest. I couldn't speak with rage and depression for a good hour after that game. That afternoon we witnessed the most gutless, spinless wasters ever to shame the blue shirt.

Tuesday's defeat barely registers on the scale compared to the Donny horror-show.

Yeah.I was "lucky"enough to be over for that Cup game.It was shameful.

My thoughts exactly.Bilel needs to curb his enthusiam for making rash tackles in and around the box.

Looking at it from that angle the ball seems long gone before the Crawley player reaches Bilel then throws himself over Bilel's foot. A bit of gamesmanship? This is a Steve Evans side after all.
Seeing that I now think it was a harsh decision.

He was looking for the pen. Harsh on Bil, the tackle from Barker was more of a foul.

Back