• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Crawley's No 9 Ollie Palmer

Eaves would be great and certainly something different, a threat physically, in the air , with goal of the season skills. Now our leagues top goalscorer with twelve. Gills are desperate to
Get him to sign a contract extension. His current deal ends 22nd June next year. Could we do a Josh Wright and bring him here, I'd like to think so, but doubt it
He likes a move though having managed 9 in the lower leagues in 8 years, although a number on loan Surely he would like to be with a better club like ours with a far greater fan base.?.

I suspect a championship club would take a gamble on him if he was on a free. Agree he would be a great signing though. He was recommended to Gillingham by Peter Taylor.

Can anyone honestly say he has less about him than mcoulskey or Robinson?

Sounds like exactly what we need

He offers something different to what we have. He also offers teams without a dominant center half like us a bigger problem which we clearly couldn't cope with.

Could we get him going on this season's form....doubt it. His price would be inflated and there would be other interest.

That's not exactly a high bar, I wouldn't be upset if we got him but there must be other players out there better than McCoulsky and Theo that we could look at as well.

Last edited:
I think White made him look good, I really like John but up against a big centre forward he can’t do it for me

I think White made him look good, I really like John but up against a big centre forward he can’t do it for me

Similarly to when he got tore apart by Tom Eaves last season.

Having said that, I was confident in Turner playing against Blackpool because of his height. That worked out well! Height doesn't always mean dominant in the air.

Let's hope Hanson isn't playing on Saturday!

John White was MOM last night. Every time Palmer done anything dangerous, including in the first 10 minutes it was Taylor Moore who was marking him

Last edited:
Well if we have a run in the FA cup that may be we will have some money to throw about for some players In January.

Winners of the next round get about 60k and obviously the chance to take on the big boys.

Get someone like arsenal spurs etc and you and probably looking at about 750k made from the competition this year.

More than enough to sign a couple of players.

Well if we have a run in the FA cup that may be we will have some money to throw about for some players In January.

Winners of the next round get about 60k and obviously the chance to take on the big boys.

Get someone like arsenal spurs etc and you and probably looking at about 750k made from the competition this year.

More than enough to sign a couple of players.

We're £17M in debt. I can just imagine where the money would go IF we got that far.

Years ago, Bill Garner played in the league cup v Chelsea and impressed them so much they bought him.

I didn't go to the game last night but Palmer sounds a fantastic addition to the squad.

SCP, please get him in as the professional big bloke who can hold the ball up.

A nice win against a poor side. You can only play what is in front of you. Palmer looks like a real lump/unit that could probably do a job at a higher level than he is but could we do better? Yes.

I feel sorry for Robinson. he is trying but lacks confidence and that is hardly surprising when you look at the way he is in and out of the side. I think if he were given a run of games he would improve no end and bag a few goals along the way. He wasn't too shabby at the tail end of last season.

Rigsby called it right when he suggested getting a loanee in from Prem/Championship. I would add to that and suggest looking to the non league. Higher level players can be more skillful but don't often grasp the opportunity when dropping down a division or two. Lower league players are just as hit and miss but they are cheaper, could be permanent and at our level we don't need a Shearer.

Years ago, Bill Garner played in the league cup v Chelsea and impressed them so much they bought him.

I didn't go to the game last night but Palmer sounds a fantastic addition to the squad.

SCP, please get him in as the professional big bloke who can hold the ball up.

That was my first ever match by the way!

Ten out of ten for trying but 3 out of 10 for playing football...

...Palmer is certainly not a third division player.

That about sums him up. Any League One side signing him would be doing so out of pure desperation.

Blackpool’s number 21 is everything in a striker we should be looking to sign.

Best striker I’ve seen at the Hall in a number of years, although was very impressed with Eaves at Gills too.

Blackpool’s number 21 is everything in a striker we should be looking to sign.

Best striker I’ve seen at the Hall in a number of years, although was very impressed with Eaves at Gills too.

Skilful and capable of the spectacular but only on rare occasions.

Otherwise generally inconsistent, relatively weak for his size and not particularly hard working.

Agreed that he had a fair game on Saturday (as did the entire Blackpool team) and scored against us in the final seconds at Chesterfield a few years ago but we can and should do far better.

Back